WaltJung archives shutting down

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Using PayPal was what I had in mind.

I think there's enough of us here willing to step up to the plate to pay some hosting costs if that's the concern.

Like I said earlier I availed/purloined myself of the material and have it cached locally but am willing to offset some of his costs so others may continue to benefit from it.

I think the last time I used a PayPal email ID for an eBook so it would be a good idea to check with Walt, based on him about to be changing email domains, to confirm the current PayPal address. The donate button may be breaking soon.

The quality of his eBooks are very good. I for one would be willing to buy an Op Amp Cookbook eBook simply because my paperback is worn out. I needs to be re-bound. I'd rather have a virtual copy I didn't have to touch.

IC Op Amp Cookbook and ADI Op Amp Applications books are not the same

I thought Analog bought the Op-amp Cookbook and it's a free download.

Op Amp Applications Handbook, 2005 | Education | Analog Devices

Not so Scott, just a slight difference of 400 pages or so. After I retired from ADI, I finally got the rights to the Cookbook reverted back to me.

But the original ADI 2002 seminar-based book available via the link you cite can't be beat for the price. :) And, it even has lots of neat info about how CFAs work!

Walt

Last edited:
WaltJung.org site PDFs as of today

Thanks Chris. It is good to hear a voice of sanity, and thanks for the compliment.

All the info is accessible right now, from my website, as I have said a couple of times.

Here is a directory listing of the site PDFs as of today. The blue highlights are support files of little interest, or third party files from guest contributors. to download any of them, simply create a URL with a prefix of "waltjung.org/PDFs/" and add the pertinent filename after the "/" (less the quotes).

Or, an email request also works. We're still actively working on a longer-term solution to availability.

Attachments

• waltjung_org_pdfdir_061018b.pdf
    162.1 KB · Views: 152
Progress report on accessing WaltJung.org PDFs

My sincere thanks go out to Fast Eddie D, JensenHealey, billshurv, anatech, martin clark, wintermute, jplesset, and all of those who have voiced support above for the past work.

Some prelim offline work on easily accessing the PDFs looks promising. More as this as things become further solidified.

Further progress report on accessing archived WaltJung.org PDFs

Walt, if it is any help, I would be honored to host any of your material on my space. In a separate 'Walt Jung' area if you wish, even with its own URL. Something like an archive.

Let me know if this would help.

Jan

Thanks much, Jan. I am right now waiting for renewal of permissions from a couple of authors for their "Guest" archived PDFs, but the new site is basically functional with >100 PDFs online.

I'll announce something here when it is a "Go", and how it can be accessed.

Last edited:
Further progress report on accessing archived WaltJung.org PDFs

Thanks much, Jan. I am right now waiting for renewal of permissions from a couple of authors for their "Guest" archived PDFs, but the new site is basically functional with >100 PDFs online.

I'll announce something here when it is a "Go", and how it can be accessed.
The archival website is basically operating now, but there may be some fine tuning related to security, over the next few months.

Send an email to WJarchives at ownmail.net for information on archived material. Note: this will be a controlled access site. The present waltjung.org site and associated blog site will go silent soon.

Last edited:
WaltJung.org and associated blog site are silent now

The archival website is basically operating now, but there may be some fine tuning related to security, over the next few months.

Send an email to WJarchives at ownmail.net for information on archived material. Note: this will be a controlled access site. The present waltjung.org site and associated blog site will go silent soon.

Jung Childress GFP-565 going strong.

Hi Walt, I recently purchased a Parasound Halo Integrated to replace my Aging Adcom Gear but I wasn't quite happy with the sound compared to You Modified GFP-565. Just didn't have enough weight in the mid and low end.

I decided to clean up the scratchy selector switches, actually took them off the board and cleaned them up, now they are silent again.

I'm now using the GFP-565 as the Pre-amp and the Halo's AMP section, and I must say the work you had performed on my 565 still amazes me and I'm happy I starting using it again.

Just wanted to say thanks again for providing such a great mod, and hope all is well on your end.

Mark Scotto.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.