Bob and Alice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lol, people that know me would think laughable the idea I'm a naturalist.

I've simply moved on to bigger questions.
ie were is the boundry of dead and living matter?
Is there a boundry?

How does the scientific knowledge base address such concepts? ( I discovered its a thought crime)

The question arose for me arose personally as an audiophile designing totally new products.

-

This is only a requirement for those who have a strictly naturalistic world view.

I don't think that people with a "naturalistic" world view try to conflate every theory with life and its origin.

But this is a very common tactic used by people trying to deny science.

Anyway, you seem to have moved the goalposts by claiming that your real problem with SR is that it doesn't explain life?
Moving goalposts is another distraction technique used by people to indulge their ignorant credulity.

Start with something much simpler: explain GPS without using SR or GR. That is, explain to us why GPS falls apart within a few minutes if the SR/GR corrections are not in place

Not gonna happen. Just hand waving and foot stomping.

Last edited:
So its back to work for me Amigos.
I'll leave you with it.

Attachments

• F4AFBD89-33F3-45FB-A6E4-34DA6C3DCADB.jpeg
    F4AFBD89-33F3-45FB-A6E4-34DA6C3DCADB.jpeg
    776.1 KB · Views: 134
jfetter said:
I've simply moved on to bigger questions.
People sometimes do this to draw attention away from their failure to answer simpler questions.

Fast Eddie D said:
I don't think that people with a "naturalistic" world view try to conflate every theory with life and its origin.
I didn't say 'conflate'. I merely pointed out that the idea that science must explain life is only a requirement for those who believe that science is all there is; others may prefer or not prefer a science explanation for life, but they do not require it because they may have alternative explanations.

This thread is basically a waste of time.

I didn't say 'conflate'. I merely pointed out that the idea that science must explain life is only a requirement for those who believe that science is all there is; others may prefer or not prefer a science explanation for life, but they do not require it because they may have alternative explanations.

In that case, I have to agree with you.

This thread is basically a waste of time.

It's like the woo you might read under a youtube video.

I think it's ironic to post such drivel on a website so heavily populated by engineers and technicians. It's like posting flat earth on a cosmology website frequented by scientists and astronomers.

It's both amusing, and sad, to me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.