Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Bob and Alice
Bob and Alice
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th April 2018, 03:09 AM   #11
jfetter is offline jfetter  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie D View Post
Except for that robust and ubiquitous technology, eh?
Devil is in the details....
Old 24th April 2018, 03:05 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie D View Post
Except for that robust and ubiquitous technology, eh?
Had to think about your question and the best answer would be how I eventually reacted to one of my fellow engineer's many proclamations.

He would show me one of the many science news articles stating Einstein's theory had been proved once again. All of the experiments were beyond what you or I could perform without a national cash cow or a rubber stamp university.
So I would ask him how he could 'believe' the experimental results without personally reviewing each step of the process. How is the result audited? Is the audit (peer review) performed by independent third party judges?

Of course a genuine challenge is never given to these research results.

So again I say the ' devel is in the details' in a very real way as the theory is mimicking cult like belief behavior. In fairness to Einstien, his autobiography did say he feared he had built a house of cards. So he did see cracks in the theory especially with quantum research accelerating shortly before his death.

-
Old 24th April 2018, 03:08 AM   #13
DPH is offline DPH  United States
diyAudio Member

Bell's theorem - Wikipedia

Take it up with Bell?
Old 24th April 2018, 05:42 AM   #14
Fast Eddie D is offline Fast Eddie D  United States
diyAudio Member

Relativity is used in technology. Are you willfully ignoring this fact?
Old 24th April 2018, 07:39 AM   #15
Tromperie is offline Tromperie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
In fairness to Einstien, his autobiography did say he feared he had built a house of cards. So he did see cracks in the theory especially with quantum research accelerating shortly before his death.
It has been said, intelligent people are full of doubt, whereas, f**** have none. If there was any doubt about relativity, even if you don't understand it, that should have beeen removed entirely with the observation of gravity waves, the final piece of the puzzle.

If you don't "believe" in relativity, give up everything which relies on satellite communications. The list is long.
Old 24th April 2018, 09:35 AM   #16
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter
Of course a genuine challenge is never given to these research results.
It is hard to imagine what you mean by this statement, given that the results of relativity are routinely seen by all sorts of experiments and technology. If you ditch relativity, then you have to invent a whole new theory which gives exactly the same predictions for almost all possible experiments. Then you have to find some scenario in which your new theory predicts something different, and then do the experiment. There are, of course, genuine scientists trying to do exactly this but they are vastly outnumbered by the non-scientists who merely assert "I don't believe in relativity".

Scrap relativity and you then have to find new explanations for things like nuclear power, radioactivity and GPS. Your new explanation must predict exactly the same results as relativity for all existing experiments and technology. Good luck!
Old 24th April 2018, 03:38 PM   #17
Fast Eddie D is offline Fast Eddie D  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
If you ditch relativity, then you have to invent a whole new theory which gives exactly the same predictions for almost all possible experiments. Then you have to find some scenario in which your new theory predicts something different, and then do the experiment. Then you have to find some scenario in which your new theory predicts something different, and then do the experiment.
This is what science deniers can never do. Some go farther than incredulity and attempt pseudoscientific explanations. The results are hilarious but tragically a lot of people buy into it.

Quote:
There are, of course, genuine scientists trying to do exactly this but they are vastly outnumbered by the non-scientists who merely assert "I don't believe in relativity".
That's exactly how science is supposed to work. You need to try and poke holes in scientific claims. That is how we learn stuff.

If you could overturn relativity, then you would be more famous than Einstein.

A lot of stuff makes no sense at all without relativity. I can't imagine it.
Old 28th April 2018, 11:50 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Any theory can be made to 'work' given enough vested interests and fudge factors.

My point is relativity is a dead end for us mortals.

I just took a quick look at workable theories, laboratory discoveries etc on the
mirror site - viXra.org open e-Print archive

Check out the biophysics papers.
Hundred+++ year old theories are now historical footnotes.

Best Wishes

-I forget to mention the discovery of skin depth equation error (derrived from a patchwork of Maxwell and Special Relativity ) now known to be totally incorrect.

Last edited by jfetter; 28th April 2018 at 11:59 PM. Reason: omission
Old 29th April 2018, 01:49 AM   #19
Tromperie is offline Tromperie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Any theory can be made to 'work' given enough vested interests and fudge factors.
Is that the way science works? That will be a surprise to many.
Quote:
My point is relativity is a dead end for us mortals.
As has been pointed out, you 'use' relativity every day, whther you realise it or not. Wilful ignorance is no excuse.
Old 29th April 2018, 02:23 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

heresy you say?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C4FCCC81-B431-44B1-905E-8E3E9262E834.jpeg (342.5 KB, 242 views)

Bob and AliceHide this!Advertise here!