I want one !!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As the wiki page scottjoplin linked to stated the ekranoplan is more affected by rough seas than a ship but less than a hovercraft or a hydrofoil. They travel up to 20m above the water and in high winds they have to start into it.

Disadvantages which are probably made up by higher speeds, the Russians got them up to 740km/h (460mph)!

The implication I take from the OP is it's a toy for the person who has everything

Including their own weather calming machine

As I noted before, the original cited example is a cute enough and quite possibly well executed implementation of an impractical idea.

When I have a spare million dollars or so to fritter away on silly toys, I’ll put my name on the wait list for whatever McLaren and Tesla have to offer - as well as training and membership at Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit

Of course that’s predicated on being nimble enough to enter and exit the damned things with assistance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.