John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, sorry, not technically, you said you were no longer going to communicate with him, or words to that effect, if I remember correctly.

Sounds more like what I said to Joe Rasmussen when he kept talking about 'the line' in reference to speaker impedance and current vs voltage drive.

Jakob2 is a very different matter. What I said about him was that as far as I know he is a solid scientist, and that having a moderator ridicule his words was not helpful. The thread where that occurred was closed shortly thereafter.

Not to worry, sorry if I was wrong, I seem to remember you got frustrated with him and said you weren't going to communicate.

The him in that case was Joe. I said I would not communicate about technical subjects with him so long as he continued to insist on talking in his own newspeak instead of the standard electronics terminology people around here already understand.

Your memory is correct

I sure don't remember saying something like that to Jakob2, but I guess it could have happened. It is very uncommon for me to simply say I won't communicate and that's it, but I have put people on my ignore list from time to time. Usually, they come off after awhile.

I would also like to say that most of the time I find Jakob2's comments to be quite accurate. He often tends to help steer the discussions in a more scientific direction.

Last edited:
I sure don't remember saying something like that to Jakob2, but I guess it could have happened. It is very uncommon for me to simply say I won't communicate and that's it, but I have put people on my ignore list from time to time. Usually, they come off after awhile.

I would also like to say that most of the time I find Jakob2's comments to be quite accurate. He often tends to help steer the discussions in a more scientific direction.

I think you misunderstood Scottjoplin - it was me you said this to & I believe put on your ignore list.

BTW, how is calling me a troll any more helpful than my use of a slithering reference that described a number of people's behavior on here?

But I agree with John C, your input is usually very balanced & helpful.

I think you misunderstood Scottjoplin - it was me you said this to & I believe put on your ignore list.

Okay, that makes more sense. I absolutely put mmerrill99 on my ignore list, likely more than once. That was not a case of only saying I would not communicate without using the ignore list too. That only happened with Joe.

Last edited:
Agreed. He seems to be an expert on listening tests and statistics, though the conclusion always seems to be that nothing can ultimately be proven which makes me think it's just an academic argument to him.

BTW, how is calling me a troll any more helpful than my use of a slithering reference that described a number of people's behavior on here?

But I agree with John C, your input is usually very balanced & helpful.

Hehe, nope I thought he said it to Jakob, what would be good about now would be if Jakob could confirm it for me.
Calling you a troll is not meant to be helpful :)

Yes, I agree about Jakob2 & his comments - I believe he & I are both in pretty much total agreement & have been for a long time, although our posts may differ in tone & approach

It might be helpful to those who haven't yet realised that you consistently twist what people say, I don't think there are many left though who haven't got you sussed

So why not let them make up their own minds instead of you incessantly posting the same comment every time I post - are you afraid of some message I'm posting or that people might see that I'm saying exactly the same as Jakob2?

Agreed. He seems to be an expert on listening tests and statistics, though the conclusion always seems to be that nothing can ultimately be proven which makes me think it's just an academic argument to him.

If not an academic argument, then what? One of the prohibited subject type arguments? The subjects may be prohibited, but the type of thinking is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.