John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense;). It's the immersion lithography that did it for the last few years.:D Which is optical as well as plumbing..

For high energy physics (actually, condensed matter physics as well), co-mingling between the physicists and engineers has proven quite valuable. As the interaction continues and both camps learn through cross contamination, amazing things can be built and run.

At least, that has been my experience.

jn

The folks at CERN emphasize that it's a holistic team effort between the applied/engineering/technology competencies and the theoretical/computational crew. These big problems are too hard to do in isolation, where it's an all-in effort to move the needle.

We're seeing similar collaborations in medicine: I'm in a research group that's putting engineers/material scientists on the same projects as our basic and applied biologists.

Which Bybee devices are you referring to Richard. I do know that Richard Sequerra hinted that, after he met Bybee, and tried his first devices. Later, apparently, Bybee got a hold of pre-made Buckytube resistors that did much the same thing. Later, he changed his source entirely, and did his own experimentation, based on some of the German made products, and came up with his latest parts that work on the air directly. It has worked for me, so far.

Which Bybee devices are you referring to Richard. I do know that Richard Sequerra hinted that, after he met Bybee, and tried his first devices. Later, apparently, Bybee got a hold of pre-made Buckytube resistors that did much the same thing. Later, he changed his source entirely, and did his own experimentation, based on some of the German made products, and came up with his latest parts that work on the air directly. It has worked for me, so far.

Hey John,

I hadn't looked into those latest parts, what do you mean they work on the air?

Cheers!
Howie

What Scott took apart and can't figure out is: A foil coated with a quantum resonant material that changes the properties of the atmosphere nearby it.
It appears to change a number of properties of the acoustic space, for example. It is the COATING on the aluminum foil that makes the difference. Buckytubes are still used with earlier Bybee devices and require connection to the AC, etc.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi John,
Well I guess I am pretty stupid.
We know you aren't, which makes your comment a calculated one meant to risk insulting you. Aside from the extreme silliness of the entire Bybee empire (what out, it might strike back), what's your point? Are you saying that tomorrow's super soldier kit is chock full of Bybee devices of various constructions?

You really are riding this for all you're worth!

I am only answering Richard's statement (question) with what I have been told by Jack Bybee and what I have learned from my own experience. I strongly recommend that most here ignore Bybee devices and theory. In fact, I had given up on Richard sometime ago, although he is much more open minded about these things than most here.

I have been working on a new (old) power amp that I hope will be made in the future by a serious audio company. They have already given me a down payment to start, so they must be serious.
Also, I am again interested in wire and cable differences. How could these wires be audible? No! Don't try to tell me here, I KNOW that the answers to this question are not here.

What Scott took apart and can't figure out is: A foil coated with a quantum resonant material that changes the properties of the atmosphere nearby it.
It appears to change a number of properties of the acoustic space, for example. It is the COATING on the aluminum foil that makes the difference. Buckytubes are still used with earlier Bybee devices and require connection to the AC, etc.

But John, the manufacturer claims that placing the device near a TV or video monitor will dramatically improve the picture. How does that intersect with changes in the atmosphere? Even ignoring the ridiculous video claims, what "properties" of the atmisphere are changed, and changed in what way, that would have an acoustical effect? This is a great claim because neither the putative effect on the atmosphere, nor the audible effect, can be described or quantified or measured, nor most importantly falsified.

Silliness.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi John,
I have been working on a new (old) power amp that I hope will be made in the future by a serious audio company.
That's good news. Having an income really helps too. I'm looking forward to hearing this new (old) amplifier.

That wire can sound different in some situations is not something you have to prove. However, a wire connecting point A to point B in free space is where I begin having a lot of trouble with that claim. I have a friend that insists that he has heard this same phenomenon. I'm hard pressed to believe a word of it. However, once you introduce another conductor in close proximity, that changes everything. Now we are talking about degree of difference, not that there is or isn't any.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.