Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part III
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th November 2018, 08:17 PM   #9291
mmerrill99 is offline mmerrill99
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markw4 View Post
I sure don't remember saying something like that to Jakob2, but I guess it could have happened. It is very uncommon for me to simply say I won't communicate and that's it, but I have put people on my ignore list from time to time. Usually, they come off after awhile.

I would also like to say that most of the time I find Jakob2's comments to be quite accurate. He often tends to help steer the discussions in a more scientific direction.
I think you misunderstood Scottjoplin - it was me you said this to & I believe put on your ignore list.

BTW, how is calling me a troll any more helpful than my use of a slithering reference that described a number of people's behavior on here?

But I agree with John C, your input is usually very balanced & helpful.
Old 9th November 2018, 08:21 PM   #9292
Markw4 is offline Markw4  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmerrill99 View Post
I think you misunderstood Scottjoplin - it was me you said this to & I believe put on your ignore list.
Okay, that makes more sense. I absolutely put mmerrill99 on my ignore list, likely more than once. That was not a case of only saying I would not communicate without using the ignore list too. That only happened with Joe.

Last edited by Markw4; 9th November 2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old 9th November 2018, 08:22 PM   #9293
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I would also like to say that most of the time I find Jakob2's comments to be quite accurate. He often tends to help steer the discussions in a more scientific direction.
Agreed. He seems to be an expert on listening tests and statistics, though the conclusion always seems to be that nothing can ultimately be proven which makes me think it's just an academic argument to him.
Old 9th November 2018, 08:24 PM   #9294
diyAudio Member

Quote:

BTW, how is calling me a troll any more helpful than my use of a slithering reference that described a number of people's behavior on here?

But I agree with John C, your input is usually very balanced & helpful.
Hehe, nope I thought he said it to Jakob, what would be good about now would be if Jakob could confirm it for me.
Calling you a troll is not meant to be helpful
Old 9th November 2018, 08:26 PM   #9295
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Yes, I agree about Jakob2 & his comments - I believe he & I are both in pretty much total agreement & have been for a long time, although our posts may differ in tone & approach
Old 9th November 2018, 08:31 PM   #9296
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjoplin View Post
Hehe, nope I thought he said it to Jakob, what would be good about now would be if Jakob could confirm it for me.
Sorry, the misunderstanding is mine then

Quote:
Calling you a troll is not meant to be helpful
Nothing from you is in any way helpful - this is no different.
Old 9th November 2018, 08:34 PM   #9297
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Nothing from you is in any way helpful - this is no different.
It might be helpful to those who haven't yet realised that you consistently twist what people say, I don't think there are many left though who haven't got you sussed
Old 9th November 2018, 08:51 PM   #9298
spaceistheplace is offline spaceistheplace
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Are you forgetting how many people here are most likely high functioning autistic?

Likely overestimating.
Old 9th November 2018, 08:51 PM   #9299
diyAudio Member

Quote:
It might be helpful to those who haven't yet realised that you consistently twist what people say, I don't think there are many left though who haven't got you sussed
So why not let them make up their own minds instead of you incessantly posting the same comment every time I post - are you afraid of some message I'm posting or that people might see that I'm saying exactly the same as Jakob2?
Old 9th November 2018, 09:00 PM   #9300
Markw4 is offline Markw4  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Agreed. He seems to be an expert on listening tests and statistics, though the conclusion always seems to be that nothing can ultimately be proven which makes me think it's just an academic argument to him.
If not an academic argument, then what? One of the prohibited subject type arguments? The subjects may be prohibited, but the type of thinking is not.

John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part IIIHide this!Advertise here!