John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2014
Paid Member
This still holds down to vanishingly low levels of THD.
Noise Floor.....the nature of this underlying noise drives the subjective sound of the system.
This system intrinsic noise dynamically modulates system produced distortions and signal, causing 'signature' sound.
I believe this is a subjective differentiator between OL and GNFB designs.

Have we hit the brownian motion in the room being more significant?

Brownian motion is a factor, and alterable too according to Mr Bybee, I concur.

Dan.

Yes, you can modulate Brownian motion with heat, by definition. You're not going to affect the diffusivity of gas molecules with one of those doohickies, unless it's to say that it displaces the few cubic centimeters of volume and is probably slightly porous, which would be significant if you stick them in your ears. :)

Yes, you can modulate Brownian motion with heat, by definition. You're not going to affect the diffusivity of gas molecules with one of those doohickies, unless it's to say that it displaces the few cubic centimeters of volume and is probably slightly porous, which would be significant if you stick them in your ears. :)
It's more complex than that, humidity is but another factor affecting air acoustic transmission.

Dan.

Interesting. I have a patent on that filter topology -- about 15 years ago and now maybe (maybe) free. It was in a product sold for many years.
Still have one in storage.

THx-RNMarsh

How do you have a patent on a couple parallel capacitors with their parasitics made explicit for modeling? Or if you do, how would one defend it? It seems like that'd be swamped entirely by prior art, unless it reminded you of something different.

Last edited:
One thing I notice on this thread a lot. You guys start throwing around EE, science jargon in joking almost non sequitur manners. It's your insiders moose club handshake. You secretly chuckle in unison because you know the proletariat doesn't get it.

This is a way to wave a flag that you know you are smart that can be seen by other smart people.

Why do you have to wave the flag here? Because you really don't know what it takes to design a truly great audio circuit and you have to use the flag as a mask of dignity.

Back to filling orders.

Why do you have to wave the flag here? Because you really don't know what it takes to design a truly great audio circuit and you have to use the flag as a mask of dignity.

That must be it, there must be no other explanation. Let's not talk about logical leaps or non sequiturs! :rolleyes:

Remember that electrons don't care about your pet theories of "great audio circuits", they follow their inherent nature. And maybe learning those principles would help you realize what's wheat and what's chaff? You might want to look at who's posturing and who actually looks/comments on content.

Lastly, I thought this thread has become the de-facto water cooler for nerds. So nerd jokes and references abound.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
You guys start throwing around EE, science jargon in joking almost non sequitur manners. It's your insiders moose club handshake. You secretly chuckle in unison because you know the proletariat doesn't get it.

Whenever I can’t understand something I read here, first I make a search (books or internet). If this is not enough, I come back here and I ask.
I have each and every time received an answer or an explanation or I have been served with a link.
No one has asked for my nonexistent credentials and no comments have been made for not knowing what I have asked (but I have not pretended that I know when I don't).

George

Status
Not open for further replies.