Do your ears need to warm up too?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
and here's another of those annoyances about getting old:

The Ear's Protective Mechanisms

So us oldies can't hear you, but if you shout then it hurts.
Very interesting. A friend of mine has hyperacusis, I think that's connected with his tinnitus. I find I'm more sensitive to harsh sounds, and on a happier note, perhaps us oldies with our less tolerant(?) hearing are better able to judge subjectively the quality of our sound systems....:D

A buddy of mine who worked in a stereo shop in the 70s told me defiantly. Crank it up! Let them feel the bass! Then you can sell them the system.
Yup, that's what we did. Made sure the treble was controlled so it didn't drive them outta the store.

Not trying to lay claim to anything but I was the first person I know who made a sub and satellite system (for their home) to control the bass without using the control or EQ. There were no powered subs back them, you built a bass box (in my case a coffee table) and gave it, it's own amp. You then made small, wall mounted speakers, hung a cap on them for protection and voila! Nobody could understand where all the bass was coming from.

This is in the days before the Minimus 7 came along.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.