Funny real names

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Back in the 80's in the UK, a much loved Irish TV and Radio presenter, Terry Wogan, sadly now decease, regularly mentioned one of his listeners, a Tess Tickle. The name always made me chuckle and I often wondered how many other listeners guessed that Tess was just Wogan's mischievous sense of humour.

We had an Allcock family at the end of our street, the son deemed it necessary to change his name when older. Trade description act perhaps?

Do you think he needed to prove that he wasn't a complete dick?

Terry Wogan is greatly missed in my household.
He was a ray of light in a dull TV sky and even made the Eurovision Song Contest worth watching.
El Tel was the nations favourite uncle!

When my best mates mom and dad got divorced, she reverted back to her maiden name of Cox.
Years later she remarried and became Mrs Parker-Cox.

Another very close friend was conceived in a Spanish speaking country, so instead of calling him John, his parents named him Juan Kerr.
This was a bad move as he got strips torn off him at school, so he had his name changed to John Juan Kerr.

I also worked with a guy called Richard Gauge..... hehehe

Using that as a name is quite a claim.

Lots of Hindus have names that refer to a deity in some way, often a few run together. There is a common Indian woman's name variously spelled as Swati, Schwatti, Schweti and, of course, Swetti. Some names just don't travel well. There is a gentleman in our organization named (I hope this gets through the filters) "Dikshit". (His unix short ID is even slightly worse.) Perfectly normal name where he lives.

Not funny but kind of charming, a Tamil woman I know is named Poongodi, which sounds odd to our ears but translates as "dazzling flower". Of course her close friends just call her Poo.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.