Flat Earthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have this friend that I am not joking you is convinced the earth is flat. He will not accept any scientific data as he says it is all fake. :rolleyes:

All images of the earth are altered according to him. So any image we can find he won't believe. His mind is made up and it is driving us nuts.

This is no joke.

The flat earthers think there is a giant ice wall at the edge of the flat earth that NASA guards.

https://theflatearthsociety.org/home/

We have spent all weekend trying to put forth all the information possible to him and after 1.5k comments later on facebook he still hasn't changed his mind one bit. He actually says he feels sorry for us "globeheads" He says we have been lied to by the government yaddayaddayadda.

I came up with an idea. I want to put him on a Concorde jet and fly him over a pole, maybe send him to China and back or something. I haven't quite figured on the best flight path. I really would like to fly him all around the world but that might get too expensive. Anyway since the Concorde flies at higher altitude (50-60,000') I was told you can easily see the curvature of the earth from that high. He said if he sees the curve with his own eyes he will believe us. I feel like this would be a breakthrough.

I started a go fund me page to get him airborne as I can't do this on my own. Please check it out and share. I will continue to update the go fund me page with the plan as it evolves. If you have any ideas on the plan please share and I will consider them. I am sending him with a camera for which he has to document his whole trip which I will edit later and make a short documentary on the whole thing. He is a devout flat earther and I feel like his fellow flat earther friends will take his word for it if he sees the curve and therefore it will make the world a better and hopefully smarter place.

Here is the page: https://www.gofundme.com/flat-earth-fight-around-the-world

Please share and or contribute what you can.

So besides that what do any of you think of this theory? Complete quackery? Are there any flat earthers here on DIYAUDIO? We had a crazy thread going on facebook so maybe we will get one on here too. I also would like for you to share any easily explained science to me so I can relay it back to him. We tried everything though I am afraid.

-bird

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some quotes:

This has been disproven. It is assuming that the Sun is 93million miles away. The shadow experiment works perfectly on a flat model where the sun is much closer and smaller.

gravity is a masonic [G] deception. Never proven. Never observed, repeated or measured.

Have you enter seen the other side of this moon? Rhetorical question, no you havent. No one has, as a matter of fact. For all we know it is Convex.

And while we're on the moon, it's clearly not reflecting the sunlight. The moon puts off a cooling light. The sun is nothing but hot radiation/light. Completely opposite, different than the moon's cooling light...

Ross.. You think because you throw a lot at me at once that is going to disprove anything?
One thing at a time... Tides are supposedly caused by the moon's gravitational pull right?

I'm willing to bet that you didn't know that only the Oceans exhibit tides at all. The Great lakes, hundreds of miles of ocean scale depth water, are completely unaffected. They are considered completely non tidal.
How can this be?
Because it's not the moon's gravity causing the tides.

The stars?
The constellations haven't moved an millimeter since the beginning of man made records! Ancient star maps used for Navigation are still perfectly accurate today, 1000's of years later! Polaris?

The edge of the earth is constantly guarded by the world militaries in accordance to one of the longest standing treaties between countries even now supposedly at war. We would get stopped with the threat of being killed for trying to explore. Research the Antartic treaty. We are not free to explore the Antartic.

some more:

How many times do I have to repeat, the constellations have not changed in 1000's of years. This is a well known fact.

Still the big dipper. The orientation has changed because it is rotating around us. The shape has remained constant for all of time.

If we were moving at over 600,000mph our perspectives of these constellations would change greatly in 2000 years. They would change in one year infact. The perspectives of the shapes wouldn't remain percectly constant for all of time.

We supposedly move around the sun 180 million miles, and not detect a single fraction or hair of a change in perspective every year, or thousands of years.

Over time, we have travelled many "light years" yet our perspective on the constellations have remained the same. For 1000's of years of zooming at unimaginable ridiculous speeds.

The accumulation of distance the Earth is moving would equate to light years over time. 1000's of years equates to many lightyears of movement/distance. Yet the constellations remain perfectly the same.

I'm speaking in terms of science fed heliocentricity.

There are estimates of the sun's size and distance on the f.e. model, and let's just say.. it's a whole lot smaller.

These "astronomical" helio numbers are unfounded and prove nothing but how arrogant science has become in their guessing games.

Ross, it's actually very simple now in this age of technology to prove that we aren't on a spinning, curving pear.

No curvature is found or measured, anywhere, ever. No curve, no ball. All other intellectual claptraps are actually irrelevant canon fodder, if we can't observe the curvature from any where, from any height, why are we even wasting time talking about the stars and tides? Show me the curvature, and I'll believe in mainstream helio science again.

All branches of military use the flat earth map when calculating strategic movements.
The UN logo is the flat earth map. They are mocking us by putting it right in our faces

Flight paths prove we aren't on a ball. Especially emergency landings.

The navy and other branches use the flat earth map to strategically plan everything

Actually if I can prove without a reasonable doubt that your supposed trusted images of the curvature are not genuine, but altered via CGI or fish eye lense, than your evidence becomes nullified and you remain in your stance only by unfounded faith.

Just like the video Joe provided earlier purporting to exhibit this elusive curvature. It is clearly seen to be the fish eyelense creating a false curve. Can you provide anything real, showing this curvature?

I've seen no evidence of the spinning pear, again provide your favorite video or nasa photo from space and I'll show you how it's a fake. Fraudulent. You have been hoodwinked. We all have.

Note the clouds aren't moving as they float hundreds of miles across the land. This is the most obvious CGI I've seen in a while. You can't be convinced by this...

Attachments

• 17952571_10208875063216587_4894117935597102157_n.jpg
    17952571_10208875063216587_4894117935597102157_n.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,408
Don´t waste time and let him believe what he wants.

*IF* you want to get rid of him, start spreading the rumour amongst his friends (not straight from you because he´ll distrust) that "380/440V industrial power does not kill, it´s just a Capitalist conspiracy so The People do not want to own Factories " and let Darwinism take care of him.

Or that "height is an Illusion, jumping from Niagara Falls is the same as jumping from a chair"
*Essentially* , the same kind of BS as what he believes today.

Same as people who does not believe in vaccines, or "bicarbonate kills cancer" or "you shouldn´t get a blood transfusion" or .......
Just remember otherwise VERY intelligent Steve Jobs. :(

Bwahahahaha!!!!

Trust me I got so frustrated with him I got to the point where I felt it would be best if he didn't pass his genes on and he drink a glass of bleach. But we all make mistakes and maybe he can get over the current mental hiccup. I will say he is VERY passionate about this subject. It bugs the heck out of me someone can think like this.

Just keep beliving in Nasa sf ********... 9/11 was done by bin laden, you beleve that?? You beleve in big bang, evolution ?? Of course, if we have been lied about the shape of the earth, it would shurly be on the discovery ch. Btw, nasa makes great CGI, like the video game my son is playing.
I think, your friend is lusing time with you...

Last edited:
The big question for me is .. if the world is indeed flat then why do goverments attempt to 'cover up' and convince us it's a globe ?, what purpose or benefit would it serve.
BTW to the OP , i know someone like your friend who flew from the UK to Australia and still wasn't convinced and said that the view from the windows wasn't real just an image played back on the windows which were in fact monitors.
You Tube has a lot to answer for ........

Status
Not open for further replies.