Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

Rampage - Dwayne Johnson. It never ceases to amaze me how blithely the basic laws of physics are shredded like The Rock’s t-shirts in these extended orgasms of CGI ranging from almost photorealistic to bad 80’s TV Sci-fi - often in the same set piece.

IIRC one of the credits listed on a recent film of his - or maybe the TV series Ballers - was “Barber for Mr Johnson” .

FWIW, the recent slew of MCU films has habituated me to sitting through the end credits. Forget about trying to count the actual number of names of the sometimes over a thousand CGI “artists”, I’ve found it particularly interesting to try to reconcile the spotty quality of pixels on the screen to number of studios listed. Some have input by over a dozen firms, and I’m beginning to think this is definitely a case of less is more.
Regardless of your opinion of Mr Cameron as a film maker, I found the original Avatar to be virtually flawless in that regard. Unabashed fanboy mode - I’m thinking the next several in the series will be worth the wait, and may raise the bar once again. Hope my recent LASIK lens replacement surgery is fully healed by then:D. So far at just two weeks out nearfield is super clear, although lacking the magnification factor in my last prescription glasses- but past 10ft or so still a bit unfocused - particularly noticeable when driving. My wife just went through the same surgery and said it took at least 6 weeks to fully settle in. I’m still finding myself reaching to take glasses off at times.

Some while back “First Man” was mentioned. I finally caught this on one of my cable movie channels, and numerous goofs on technical details aside - lists of which can easily be found on IMDB, etc - I quite enjoyed it.
I think Neil definitely had at least as much of the “Right Stuff” as did Alan Shepard and John Glenn - each The First in their initial Mercury missions - and his two sons credited Ryan with a pretty damned close portrayal of his focus on the mission vs family dynamic. And yes, Janet really did barge into the control room when her home squawk box was disconnected: I guess while raising two sons with a mostly absentee father - even when he was home? - she grew herself a pretty substantial pair herself.

Being less than 6 months from my 18th, and having avidly followed the “race” from the first Mercury mission, mostly via the stunning photojournalism of Life magazine, I was one of millions glued to the grainy images of the live broadcast on that Sunday evening our time.
As much fun as it was watching lunar golf and cavorting about in dune buggies, it didn’t take long before the following five landings become almost too commonplace even to care about watching live. And of course there were other priorities for the US government to spend billions on - that little dust-upin the southeast rang up approximately 5 times the $28B of the Apollo program. But that’s almost entering into political territory, so I’ll quit while I’m ahead.

Warren Oates at his best, I hope you have seen "Two Lane Blacktop".
After this film, I already watched several films, including Westerns of Sam Pekinpa, which he shot quite differently from other directors. In general, this is a very interesting director. I had never seen Warren Mercer Oates before, I really liked this actor, now I will definitely watch films with his participation, thank you very much. I also really liked Easy Rider - a feature film by Dennis Hopper.
I also liked the modern movie about Neil Cassidy on the Road, shot by Walter Salles based on the Jack Kerouac novel of the same name with Sam Riley, Garrett Hedlund and starring Kristen Stewart. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, in the Soviet box office, “Flight Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”) is a feature film drama directed by Milos Forman. Hearts in Atlantis is a film based on the novel by Stephen King. Angel Heart— Written and directed by Alan Parker. I am also a fan of Matthew David McConaughey. I watched all the films with his participation several times. Gold and the Dallas Buyers Club are masterpieces. Аnd many other films. When I was a child, my mother dragged me to cinemas for American films and generally for almost all films. My mother was an athlete and a multiple chess champion, and she, as a teenager, crossed the Volga River alone. She has the title of a sports veteran, who was signed by the legendary hockey player Vyacheslav Fetisov as Minister of Sports. By the way, few people know, but in Soviet cinemas there was a tube sound-reproducing equipment manufactured by KINAP, these were clones of the American Altec lansing. The sound was very good, it gave a goosebump ...

Last edited:
Warren Oates at his best, I hope you have seen "Two Lane Blacktop".

I watched a film. I did not quite understand the plot. A film about senseless obsession? Why didn’t they reach Washington in the plot of the film? Chevrolet is clearly dead, but what about Pantiak? Warren Oates plays the nerd, usually played by French actor Pierre Richard. The actress died in life at the age of 25, almost as a continuation of the film, where she tried to find, but did not find what she was looking for. By the way, there is a wonderful film directed by Damien Chazell "Whiplash" about budding musicians, a music school and people ...

Now I will watch Cockfighter, also known as English. Born to Kill - “Born to Kill”) is a 1974 film directed by Monte Hellman. Starring Warren Oates, Laurie Bird, Harry Dean Stanton.

Last edited:
“The Evil Spirit of Yamboy” is a 1977 Soviet feature film, based on the eponymous novel by Grigory Fedoseyev. This writer also worked as a surveyor in the Siberian taiga.
Film Leader of 1978

Jack London Award for Best Feature Film at the 1st IFF Arctic Films in Dieppe, France.
EXTREMELY REALLY REMOVED HORROR FILM. I remember how now, how the audience shouted at this session with horror.

Last edited:
Solaris is a 2002 fantastic drama directed by Stephen Soderberg based on the novel of the same name by Stanislav Lem. Oh, how many books I read to Stanislav Lem in childhood. George Clooney is brilliant in this film. I believe that this film adaptation is even better than the great director Solaris Andrei Tarkovsky’s Solaris in 1972, because then there were no such advanced technologies and the old version now looks a bit naive because of the primitive scenery. In general, James Cameron’s films, even if he’s just a producer, look cool and more effective and more complete than Ridley Scott’s films.

Kinda agree with you regarding Ridley’s hit or miss record. I was befuddled and irritated with Prometheus, but thought, well maybe Covenant could somehow make up for it, but not for me anyway. On the other hand, I can’t remember any of Cameron’s works that so thoroughly pi$$ed me off.