Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

L' homme qui plantait des arbes -- an interesting piece of American folklore is the tale of "Johnny Appleseed" -- John Chapman -- arborist and missionary who did plant trees in the largely un-developed Ohio Territory (basically, everything west of Pittsburgh) from 1798 to 1840. Subject of a Disney short: YouTube
@ Jackinnj
Wonderful tale :cheerful: Thanks for the link

Attachments

• 419498A8-3AF6-4D65-B702-DC99BF1D615E.JPG
    419498A8-3AF6-4D65-B702-DC99BF1D615E.JPG
    342.1 KB · Views: 113
BP1 - don’t get me wrong, I rather enjoyed both Guardians, I just found the relentless reliance on CGI often for no good reason than “see how much money they let us spend on this, guys? We must be a really good, so let’s get Ryan George to pitch you three or four more prequels/ sequels - you pick. I’m sure it’ll be super easy for him to come up with something that just barely connects to the imaginary worlds’ timelines and character arcs - barely an inconvenience at all”
All jesting aside, I am looking forward to what Cameron has up his sleeve for the next instalments in the Avatar series. I can’t remember the time he disappointed me - every pixel counts- and he’s not yet squeezed all the juice out of the fruit, unlike the latest several MCU spectacles. I enjoyed the animated Spiderverse far more than the two Avengers before the most recent, and haven’t even bothered yet with EndGame or Captain Marvel.

Just saw on YouTube yesterday that Sony pulled Spiderman from the MCU. Disney wants 50% of the ticktet sale profits from future Spiderman movies and Sony said no.

Lmao! Yes, I liked The American too.

It seems that we have similar 'taste'.

Passenger. Should have been called piece of ****.
Suggest "The American" if you one has not seen it.

This is what I don't understand.
I didn't consider 'Passenger' as good movie either, but with "piece of sheet" is I think you're going too far :D I found everything is okay but the story line. Jennifer Lawrence was great in the movie, may be better than she is in the 'Red Sparrow'. Or, may be she had no competitors in the 'Passenger' but in 'Red Sparrow' his charismatic uncle imho outperformed her. And the story was great in the 'Red Sparrow'.

The Hummingbird Project.
For those of us first introduced to Alexander Skarsgard via True Blood, this was an absolute delight - and I doubt there's any way to de-glam Salma. Not really a big Jesse Eisenberg fan, but his was a well layered performance.

Last edited: