Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

So kiddies, while not a “movie” in the traditional sense, I don’t think it can be argued that GOT lacks a huge cinematic scale and (almost too) complex storylines. The Long Night’s Battle of Winterfell alone took 55 continuous nights of shooting.
I’ve not seen Endgame yet - I’ll probably wait to stream it at home, where I might need to pause for a pee break during its 3hr run time - but have seen all of the MCU films since Ironman (some more than once), and frankly I’ve found GOT far more emotionally involving. Arya’s journey has been most particularly resonant, and I certainly have a short list of characters whom I hope survive.

Yup, GOT is quite addictive. My wife has been throwing in the phrase "served its purpose" in any relevant situation.

The MCU movies are not high theatre, but the best superhero movies so far, IMHO. I only liked Watchmen more, and all the DC and other Marvel character movies less.

Yeah, the streaming phenomena has yet to fully have its way with old school cable content providers. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Go, - how many have I missed? My monthly bills for cable, internet, two smart phones and Netflix already run well over $400, and that’s without any PPV.

Of course with gasoline currently running at CDN $1.62/litre ($6.13 US gal / $7.35 imperial gal), and ticket prices for first run films, we’re not visiting the cinemas much these days.

I've recently been told by the medics that I haven't long left.

Its a little bit of pointless information really, as I'm 91 years old and it's been a surprise to me on a daily basis for the last few years that I keep waking up!

That said, my greatgranddaughter who was twelve this year, is very fond of her old great grand Pops, and her Mom, Dad and I were recommend the film "The Bridge to Terabithia" for us to watch together with her as a conversational introduction to the subject of the loss of a loved one.

Although she found it sad, she did take from it the theme of friendship and of giving someone a memorial in acknowledgement of their part in shaping the lives of others.

What did I think of it as a film? Well. Apart from the silly Disney ending, it was pretty well done....and the theme was more upsetting for me than perhaps I care to admit, especially when I found out that the authors inspiration was the tragic death of her sons best friend when they were only eight years of age.

Norman.

Clara -one of those delightful little accidental discoveries while strolling through the channel guide.
Troian Bellisario is captivating from the word go.

Attachments

• A983F967-1963-4CD6-9408-360376B29A72.jpeg
    A983F967-1963-4CD6-9408-360376B29A72.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 90
Guilty pleasure just for entertainment, "The Foreigner" with Jackie Chan. How many of these movies can they make, retired former black ops/anti-terrorist/special forces agent has his dog/wife/daughter/or combination of the above killed or kidnapped by terrorists/Eastern European sex traders and kills everybody. This one was a little different Jackie as usual carefully avoids killing anyone not directly responsible, but actually kills all the bad guys in the end.

Guilty pleasure just for entertainment, "The Foreigner" with Jackie Chan. How many of these movies can they make, retired former black ops/anti-terrorist/special forces agent has his dog/wife/daughter/or combination of the above killed or kidnapped by terrorists/Eastern European sex traders and kills everybody. This one was a little different Jackie as usual carefully avoids killing anyone not directly responsible, but actually kills all the bad guys in the end.

Lmao, right!