Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

Just being pedantic here, but perhaps you meant “a lifetime” ago? We’re still slightly under a decade from the centenary of the first talkie- “ folks, you ain’t heard nothing yet”
Anyone game to catch the reboot of one of Disney’s classic “were they on acid” ? kid friendly live/animation extravaganzas - i.e. Mary Poppins Returns.

Thanks,

Watching episode 7

Love Morena from Gotham.

Wonderful body of work - she and Elizabeth Mitchell were among the stunning female cast of the second reboot of “V”
“To serve man” might have been a cookbook, but this was more like sushi

To be honest, it’s the eyes that get me the most

Attachments

• 4A10403E-523C-4E45-AB5F-34D293CB52E8.jpeg
    4A10403E-523C-4E45-AB5F-34D293CB52E8.jpeg
    941.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 13562D3A-25AA-4385-99D8-1E95081B0C7B.jpeg
    13562D3A-25AA-4385-99D8-1E95081B0C7B.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Dennis - re "Battleship" Berg did pretty good job of wasting a couple hundred million dollars and trillions of pixels making thing blow up real good in this one and Hancock - laws of physics be damned! * Actually, I kinda had fun watching it myself - guilty pleasure and all, but I think he definitely made up for the extravagance with "Lone Survivor" the following year. I've been a fan of his and Taylor Kitsch since Friday Night Lights .

*of course he can't hold a candle compared to Michael Bay in either of those regards

Last edited:
Went to watch "They Shall Not Grow Old". Was done well. I liked that it followed one aspect of WW1 from the viewpoint of the foot soldiers from joining up to the end of the war. Better than jumping around to air and naval forces and back. The short after about how it was made was good, too.

Went to watch "They Shall Not Grow Old". Was done well. I liked that it followed one aspect of WW1 from the viewpoint of the foot soldiers from joining up to the end of the war. Better than jumping around to air and naval forces and back. The short after about how it was made was good, too.

I have a niece, much younger than me and wifey, and for some reason she is absolutely consumed by the history of WW-I. I think that this event which truly shook the earth is haunting those of the recent, historically astute, generation of millennials. I hope they don't want to relive the pathos of the "lost generation".

Back to topic, we are finishing up "Oliver Twist" -- Alec Guinness and the gang. Great movie for the season.

Last edited: