Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Whats the LAST movie you have watched?
Whats the LAST movie you have watched?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2019, 01:59 AM   #771
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

Rocketman - kinda dreaded it, but ended up liking it more than I thought I would.

While Iím more of an eclectic rather than a trained musicologist - or cineaste, for that matter, I think this resonated with me more than Boh Rap for a few reasons, not the least of which being that I was more a fan of the Elton /Bernie collaboration during the early years of the ascendancy of his career, of which for me GYBR was the zenith. By the time the Vegas/Liberace on coke stage shows came to be his calling card, Iíd moved on, but for a kid, those first 7 studio albums were a ton of fun.
Letís get real, if youíre searching for a historically accurate documentary, donít look to a musical biopic whose prime prime storyboard directives include throwing chronology out the side window of a gold plated Rolls Royce cruising down Hollywood Boulevard. I guess the producers of such films are blessed that the small percentage of the viewing audience who grew up during that era have either memories slightly muddled by participating to even a small degree in the lifestyle portrayed - Iím speaking on a friendís behalf - or will appreciate that messing with chronology is part of the license that can make for art.
Old 21st October 2019, 03:57 AM   #772
Marcus Halberstram is offline Marcus Halberstram
diyAudio Member

Pedro Almodovar's Broken Embraces
Old 21st October 2019, 07:57 PM   #773
Octavia is offline Octavia  United States
diyAudio Member

honestly I really disliked There Will Be Blood a depressing and ugly story in spite of good acting and production values. Somehow a story needs someone you can care about and this one didn't.
Old 22nd October 2019, 07:04 AM   #774
johnego is offline johnego  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Default THE BIRD CATCHER

After a long series of movies unfinished, at last I watched and liked this drama movie. I was then reminded that I also liked the THE EXCEPTION so I read the synopsis of THE AFTERMATH (Keira Knightley) and I felt I didn't have someone to care about there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
Somehow a story needs someone you can care about and this one didn't.
Old 24th October 2019, 09:09 PM   #775
GUNFU is offline GUNFU  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Cincinnati Kid is a great movie.
Old 24th October 2019, 09:23 PM   #776
diyAudio Member

that's because it had Steve McQueen in it and everyone knows he was the king of cool
Old 24th October 2019, 10:21 PM   #777
diyAudio Member

I saw it. The other day I will watch, and other films with his participation. However, other actors were also very good in this film. Earlier in the USSR box office there were films The Magnificent Seven adaptation of Akira Kurosawa’s philosophical drama “Seven Samurai”. Both films were a resounding success.

Last edited by GUNFU; 24th October 2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 25th October 2019, 09:09 PM   #778
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
that's because it had Steve McQueen in it and everyone knows he was the king of cool
Edward G. Robinson also played a great role in this film. I decided to watch his last film with his participation, Soylent Green, and this was a fantasy and utopia about our time, with no less stellar cast. I liked the movie too. About how protein substitutes are made from corpses. It should be noted that the quality of products has really deteriorated over the past 40 years, it has begun to use more food colors, preservatives, gels for pumping and giving volume and weight to chickens and OTHER MODERN TECHNOLOGIES TO GET MORE PROFIT. So that the film has not lost its relevance after 50 years.
Old 26th October 2019, 12:12 AM   #779
diyAudio Member

ironic that there is a food substitute company called Soylent.
Old 26th October 2019, 11:01 PM   #780
BP1Fanatic is offline BP1Fanatic  United States
diyAudio Member

Dolomite Is My Name on Netflix. Wesley Snipes had me cracking up!

Whats the LAST movie you have watched?Hide this!Advertise here!