Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Whats the LAST movie you have watched?
Whats the LAST movie you have watched?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd September 2019, 09:59 PM   #731
scott wurcer is offline scott wurcer  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNFU View Post
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia directed by Sam Peckinpah
Warren Oates at his best, I hope you have seen "Two Lane Blacktop".
Old 22nd September 2019, 11:16 PM   #732
GUNFU is offline GUNFU  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
After this film, I already watched several films, including Westerns of Sam Pekinpa, which he shot quite differently from other directors. In general, this is a very interesting director. I had never seen Warren Mercer Oates before, I really liked this actor, now I will definitely watch films with his participation, thank you very much. I also really liked Easy Rider - a feature film by Dennis Hopper.
I also liked the modern movie about Neil Cassidy on the Road, shot by Walter Salles based on the Jack Kerouac novel of the same name with Sam Riley, Garrett Hedlund and starring Kristen Stewart. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, in the Soviet box office, “Flight Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”) is a feature film drama directed by Milos Forman. Hearts in Atlantis is a film based on the novel by Stephen King. Angel Heart— Written and directed by Alan Parker. I am also a fan of Matthew David McConaughey. I watched all the films with his participation several times. Gold and the Dallas Buyers Club are masterpieces. Аnd many other films. When I was a child, my mother dragged me to cinemas for American films and generally for almost all films. My mother was an athlete and a multiple chess champion, and she, as a teenager, crossed the Volga River alone. She has the title of a sports veteran, who was signed by the legendary hockey player Vyacheslav Fetisov as Minister of Sports. By the way, few people know, but in Soviet cinemas there was a tube sound-reproducing equipment manufactured by KINAP, these were clones of the American Altec lansing. The sound was very good, it gave a goosebump ...

Last edited by GUNFU; 22nd September 2019 at 11:30 PM.
Old 23rd September 2019, 07:43 PM   #733
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
I watched a film. I did not quite understand the plot. A film about senseless obsession? Why didn’t they reach Washington in the plot of the film? Chevrolet is clearly dead, but what about Pantiak? Warren Oates plays the nerd, usually played by French actor Pierre Richard. The actress died in life at the age of 25, almost as a continuation of the film, where she tried to find, but did not find what she was looking for. By the way, there is a wonderful film directed by Damien Chazell "Whiplash" about budding musicians, a music school and people ...

Now I will watch Cockfighter, also known as English. Born to Kill - “Born to Kill”) is a 1974 film directed by Monte Hellman. Starring Warren Oates, Laurie Bird, Harry Dean Stanton.

Last edited by GUNFU; 23rd September 2019 at 07:54 PM.
Old 25th September 2019, 10:27 PM   #734
diyAudio Member

The Cockfighter turned out to be a cute comedy.
Dillinger 1973 - a feature film by John Milius. Good movie. In the 90s, we also shot all armed bandits on the streets.

Last edited by GUNFU; 25th September 2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 27th September 2019, 10:23 AM   #735
rosemartine is offline rosemartine  United States
diyAudio Member

I just finished Falling in Love. Cute romantic movie. I loved it.
Old 28th September 2019, 08:10 PM   #736
diyAudio Member

“The Evil Spirit of Yamboy” is a 1977 Soviet feature film, based on the eponymous novel by Grigory Fedoseyev. This writer also worked as a surveyor in the Siberian taiga.
Film Leader of 1978

Jack London Award for Best Feature Film at the 1st IFF Arctic Films in Dieppe, France.
EXTREMELY REALLY REMOVED HORROR FILM. I remember how now, how the audience shouted at this session with horror.

Last edited by GUNFU; 28th September 2019 at 08:13 PM.
Old 28th September 2019, 08:27 PM   #737
Octavia is offline Octavia  United States
diyAudio Member

The Mule, another good one from ageless Clint Eastwood
Old 29th September 2019, 08:07 PM   #738
BP1Fanatic is offline BP1Fanatic  United States
diyAudio Member

Great movie! My favorite actor of all time, going back to his spaghetti westerns!
Old 6th October 2019, 05:44 PM   #739
diyAudio Member

Solaris is a 2002 fantastic drama directed by Stephen Soderberg based on the novel of the same name by Stanislav Lem. Oh, how many books I read to Stanislav Lem in childhood. George Clooney is brilliant in this film. I believe that this film adaptation is even better than the great director Solaris Andrei Tarkovsky’s Solaris in 1972, because then there were no such advanced technologies and the old version now looks a bit naive because of the primitive scenery. In general, James Cameron’s films, even if he’s just a producer, look cool and more effective and more complete than Ridley Scott’s films.
Old 6th October 2019, 10:25 PM   #740
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

Kinda agree with you regarding Ridley’s hit or miss record. I was befuddled and irritated with Prometheus, but thought, well maybe Covenant could somehow make up for it, but not for me anyway. On the other hand, I can’t remember any of Cameron’s works that so thoroughly pi$$ed me off.

Whats the LAST movie you have watched?Hide this!Advertise here!