Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Whats the LAST movie you have watched?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th January 2019, 08:40 PM   #541
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

No real grizzlies were injured in the production of that film, but the same can’t be said for stunt persons or even starring actors.
Old 24th January 2019, 08:11 PM   #542
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

Green Book - another “inspired by real events” music biopic of sorts. Quite liked it, but not I think picture of the year?

edit - and as with Boh Rap, who gets to decide which facts of real people’s lives to distort in the crafting of an entertainment attempting to also tell “a greater truth”

Last edited by chrisb; 24th January 2019 at 08:23 PM.
Old 26th January 2019, 03:26 AM   #543
TheGimp is offline TheGimp  United States
diyAudio Member

avtec23, that was a very good movie.
Old 26th January 2019, 11:37 AM   #544
avtech23 is offline avtech23  Australia
Certifiably addicted to DIY.
diyAudio Member

I really liked it - quite a visceral experience and enlightening of the conditions at that period in time (in a hollywood way, of course).

Being from the other side of the pond, my knowledge of what that period of time was like over there is pretty sparse, so I found it interesting.
The ever growing project list.. :NAP140 Clone, NAD 3020i & 3225PE, JLH1969, TDA2050, Fender 5F2A Princeton, NE5532 Pre, SHPA, B1 Korg, T2. : VSQC Phunk Style, Retro 50W, Filmosound 601, LM4780. : Apex AX-14, TGM-10, TDA7265 (Last in line)...maybe
Old 26th January 2019, 01:19 PM   #545
chromenuts is offline chromenuts  United States
diyAudio Member

It’s amazing what one will watch out of desperation and lack of any better judgement simply because you want to see something you haven’t seen before.

Last night I put on World War Z with Brad Pitt.

The key ingredient in this decision making process was also that it was FREE. Also, every once in a while we like to go “sluming” and take in a B movie.

This particular movie having a headliner like Brad made me extra curious. I have enjoyed quite a bit of his career even though I consider a lot of it pretty boy stuff (ie Fight Club and etc)

All I can say is WOW. He made a zombie movie. It was 2013. I don’t follow anyone’s career or participate in social networking beyond an occasional post on here. What the heck was going on in his life that he decided to make this garbage?
Old 26th January 2019, 03:24 PM   #546
gpauk is offline gpauk  Scotland
diyAudio Member

The Favourite ... good film, quite funny too!
Old 26th January 2019, 03:43 PM   #547
jerryo is offline jerryo  Isle of Man
diyAudio Member

‘World War z’ ��

Really quite a ridiculous film.

Last film I watched was ‘Stan and Ollie’ which was very well done if a bit soft. Before that
‘i Daniel Blake’ which was also very good, but for very different reasons (obviously) Quite emotional actually.
Old 26th January 2019, 08:46 PM   #548
Octavia is offline Octavia  United States
diyAudio Member

i agree world war z was a complete waste of time talent and money but then so many movies are not to mention music art fashion etc etc
Old 30th January 2019, 01:59 AM   #549
johnego is offline johnego  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromenuts View Post
All I can say is WOW. He made a zombie movie. It was 2013. I don’t follow anyone’s career or participate in social networking beyond an occasional post on here. What the heck was going on in his life that he decided to make this garbage?
I think this movie is entertaining. I watched this movie twice and probably will watch again in the future. Will Smith's I Am Legend is probably better. I watched it twice also but will stop there. Tom Cruise's Mummy OTOH, so terrible imo. Have had enough of Indiana Jones.
Old 30th January 2019, 02:18 AM   #550
Soundhappy is offline Soundhappy  France
diyAudio Member

" Apocalypto " by Mel Gibson

Whats the LAST movie you have watched?Hide this!Advertise here!