Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

"Mank" definitely. What a way he had with dialog. Made me go back and rewatch all the Thin Man movies.

Ben Mankiewicz, host of Turner Classic Movies, is Mank's grand-nephew.

When Dennis Miller interviewed Ben for his podcast, the latter related that despite a long list of Mankiewicz' who attended Columbia University, he did not get in, went to Tufts in Boston. He eventually got a grad degree from Columbia.

He said on the podcast that he loved Tufts!

Snydercut Justice League. Almost enough to erase the memory of the excremental mess that was the 2017 theatrical release. Sorry Joss, but not sorry - and I guess your paycheque answered any qualms as to subverting the vision of another auteur.
Sure, maybe an hour or so could have been cut from the run time, but honestly it didn’t feel like 4hrs, and the backstory to how/why his original version was perverted by the corporate “brains” at the studio is almost as complex and layered as Victor Stone’s.

before Aaron Sorkin or Paddy Chayevsky or Tina Fey

Paddy is a contemporary, "Marty" aired 2 yr. before "Patterns". I couldn't find any of his interviews, I was recently moved by a couple of very old Rod Serling interviews on "censorship" or suppression of difficult topics by the networks.

BTW I stopped watching SNL before Tina was 13yr. old, the short lived "Fridays" was more my thing anyway. My SNL highlight was John Belushi getting "Fear" booked for the 1981 Halloween show.

Sorry if that sounded harsh. I think Batman v. Superman should be titled "Watch me steal some of Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, but not enough to avoid a stupid plot."

No need to apologize, and to be honest, I was perhaps more than a bit influenced by the story of why Zack and Deborah stepped away from completion of the project in 2017. If not for the groundswell of fan support lobbying for its release, this version may have never seen the light of day.

While on the likely contentious subject of the “Snyderverse”, anyone have opinions on the “director’s cut” of his other works? I’ve never been a fan of Affleck ( that’s putting it mildly), and had excoriated him privately for his previous takes on the Bruce/Batman role, but perhaps those shortcomings were beyond his and Snyder’s control?

In some ways the Snyderverse is well crafted. The big challenge in comic book writing is writing a plot that makes sense: how does the superhero display astonishing powers one time and yet lose to the villain another time. This is the big problem with writing Superman stories.

A good example in the MCU is the climax in Avengers: Endgame. Spectacular battle yes, but completely illogical. When Captain Marvel showed up she could have flown right over to Thanos and kicked his ***.

I like the idea that Snyder's planned Snyderverse climax was that Superman would take on Darseid and be fully engaged so that Batman had to protect Lois Lane. Much more logical. But still illogical that then Superman would be consumed by a desire for revenge after Lois' death. That's not what he is about.

Attachments

• The_Point.JPG
    The_Point.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 357
I enjoyed the Colbert cut too. But as a Comics fan I was always more D.C. than Marvel.

Always thought Marvel Superheroes take themselves, and their mission to save the Universe, too seriously.

A little homage to my favourite D.C. SuperHero, Triplicate Girl.

Take that girl out for a date, and it could be a wild night. Know what I am sayin' ? :D

Attachments

• Triplicate Girl aka Duo Damsel.png
    Triplicate Girl aka Duo Damsel.png
    313 KB · Views: 217