Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Whats the LAST movie you have watched?
Whats the LAST movie you have watched?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th December 2018, 03:28 PM   #521
soundchaser is offline soundchaser  Canada
diyAudio Member

Love Actually
Old 25th December 2018, 04:04 PM   #522
Octavia is offline Octavia  United States
diyAudio Member

Mary Poppins Returns, thoroughly delightful movie, It's A Wonderful Life, and Mowgli, all heartwarming, sentimental, and just the tonic I needed.
Old 25th December 2018, 04:32 PM   #523
johnego is offline johnego  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
They probably wanted to be authentic but hey, it's 2018 .. The whole movie has a documentary style video.. like something done with an old handycam.
Thanks. Good review. That's what i thought seeing the trailer. If the trailer wasn't good, how could the full movie. Let's upgrade this thread into movie review
Old 25th December 2018, 04:39 PM   #524
diyAudio Member

"Bumble Bee". Watched it with my little son. Not my genre but he liked it a lot. "Aqua Man" is playing too, i will probably like it, trailer was good.
Old 25th December 2018, 09:47 PM   #525
diyAudio Member

"Coriolanus" (Ralph Fiennes, Gerard Butler). Shakespeare's drama. Uncommon. It seems to be hard to make a modern version of the classical work.
Old 1st January 2019, 07:01 PM   #526
traderbam is offline traderbam  Canada
diyAudio Member

Inside Out
Inside Out (2015 film - Wikipedia)
Old 2nd January 2019, 09:09 PM   #527
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

The Wolverine - somehow not quite yet as tired of Hugh Jackman’s solo outings in that skin as with the rest of the troupe’s confusing timelines. Should one care to try to make sense of them all, an Excel spreadsheet is almost required.
Old 2nd January 2019, 11:47 PM   #528
leadbelly is offline leadbelly  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
The Wolverine - somehow not quite yet as tired of Hugh Jackman’s solo outings in that skin as with the rest of the troupe’s confusing timelines. Should one care to try to make sense of them all, an Excel spreadsheet is almost required.
Yeah, I'm still a little so-so on the Hugh Jackman thing. He has definately a fine actor and has grown into the role, and so is indeed enjoyable to watch. I still struggle with the casting. If you were a fan of the comics, you knew that Wolverine was short, and there were many iconic cells where he stared down taller opponents, whereas Jackman is always just the tallest actor on screen.
Old 3rd January 2019, 02:12 AM   #529
Octavia is offline Octavia  United States
diyAudio Member

Saw the movie Vice. Brilliant performances all around. I can only imagine how all the Vets in the audience must have felt. It's a movie certain to evoke a lot of feelings whatever your political leanings may be.
Old 3rd January 2019, 03:38 AM   #530
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

leadbelly - fair enough. For what it’s worth, I was only a white belt DC comics nerd-in-training, and pretty much over my initial “graphic novel” stage by the middle/late 60’s - Hefner and Guccione had more to offer for a hormonally overcharged introvert- and definitely missed out on the evolution of Stan Lee’s labyrinthian MC multiverse, as well as the errata of which you speak. I’ve just been more taken with the commitment, and dare I say emotional nuance that Hugh has put into his 10 big screen portrayals of the character over the past almost 20 years. During that same period of time there have been numerous incarnations of Jean Grey (6, I think?) including Sophia Turner’s recent and upcoming turns in Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix respectively. For my money, at least two of those (Famke and Sophie) could be featured on the “most beautiful” list.

Whats the LAST movie you have watched?Hide this!Advertise here!