Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

I’m reading the ‘Riverworld’ series of books by Philip Jose Farmer at the moment, which I first read back in the eighties. Fantastic book by the way. I saw that there was a film based on the book that was available on YouTube. I got through about 3 minutes of it. What a load of bollocks. A pathetic attempt at ever level.

If ever there was a film that needs £500,000,000 spent on it to do the book justice.

I watched the film Lost Girls and Love Hotels directed by William Olsson. The ending is not quite clear. Why the little fingers of the Yakuza were cut off on different hands in different frames. Were they different people and different stories with another girl who disappeared in a criminal way? The film is not bad, but the ending is a little crumpled.

"Last Christmas" was one of those slow burners that ran for months:

Last Christmas International Trailer #1 (2019) | Movieclips Trailers - YouTube

Mightily funny London movie. Of course an old plot. Essentially a Ghost movie. I knew I'd be blubbing by the end of it. And so it was. :eek:

I am a great fan of Francois Truffaut too. Shoot The Piano Player - Francois Truffaut - Trailer - YouTube.

Nobody does Movies better than the French. An hommage to Noir. What I like about French movies is they never overdo interior scenes. It's always quite tawdry and down to Earth. No glamour there. :D

I am probably an incredably unbiased judge of the Universe.

But if I was to appoint a Communications Officer, it would probably be Star Trek's Uhura. (Which, AFAIK, means Freedom in Swahili).

Tv’s First Interracial Kiss Launched a Lifelong Career in Activism

I never noticed that Uhura had dark skin. What I noticed was she was a beautiful woman. I think she married Scottie in the end. :D