Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

The last and the better

The last movie I watched in cinema, was "The Three Stooges", very far from the originals, and boring. The argument was very poor, although characterizations pretty fine.

The better was "An inconvenient true", from Al Gore. Neglecting the political content, very far from my place, he expresses interesting documentation and concepts I still remember, and helped me to understand certain lies that usually are said elsewhere.

I watched it subtitled, original voices. But in any case, it is my perception, not necessary to be the general consensus.

In the original shorts, I watched them several time each ones, from Moe, Larry and Curly, plus Shemp (My prefered), and in no one of them I remember, them to discuss and fight and go away by different ways almost half the movie time.

The most remembered is when they are "plumbers" and start to flow water from the furnace and the lamps... Genial.

Passengers - Jennifer and Chris make for a very photogenic couple - whether coupling or not, and given sufficient budget for CGI is there anything imaginable that can't be rendered almost palpably realist?

We do voluntarily suspend our disbelief over the scientific /technical missteps of this class of fantasy, n'est-ce pas?

Anyone caught "War for Planet of the Apes"? Serkis never ceases to amaze .

My last movie was I don't feel like home in this world anymore (on Netflix), funny, sad, catchy, very realistic story about a girl who is fed up with ******** in life and who starts to fight with the system. I liked. If you have a free evening I would recommend to watch this movie.

I have recently joined a local film club.
We go to our local cinema on a Monday and see whatever is on -- regardless !!!!!!
Then it's down to the pub on Wednesday night to discuss.

Two weeks ago, we saw the new Planet of the Apes film. Terrible !! Too much dependant on 'Exodus' and 'Apocalypse Now'.

This week we saw 'Dunkirk'.
Highly recommended.
It does not deserve the negative reviews it has received from some critics ( mainly USA based )
We all left the cinema somewhat shaken.

Andy

Kiss Me Deadly - a film noir from 1955. Tough guy Mike Hammer (Ralph Meeker) gets hit from all angles while trying to figure out a mystery involving a shoeless hitchhiking lady. Loads of noirish camera angles, resolves, and moody lighting. And noir staples such as femme fatales, sharp dressing and smooth talking crime bosses (and their hired muscle) plot twists, and two-fisted negotiations. It's also worth watching for Mike Hammer's beautiful and ultra rare black 1954 Corvette (one of only 4 ever made.)

Two weeks ago, we saw the new Planet of the Apes film.

Tried twice to watch the latest Kong. Even made it past the scene with a Roberts reel-to-reel mounted in an attack helicopter cranking moldie oldies while on mission but just don't have the intestinal fortitude these days. Will wait for a version that doesn't feel so generated by an income optimization algorithm.