Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

Octavia, your contribution was from the heart and full of nostalgia. It moved a kindred spirit like me- who also shows his age! :eek:

I edited it in my mind while reading it, but Steve compliments you further by taking the time to showcase it in the way has done.

Last night, my nostalgia only went as far as revisiting 'Quatermass and the Pit' - a classic Hammer horror film from 1967!

Attachments

• Q A T P.jpg
    Q A T P.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 154
I'll just ramble on a bit longer before going to bed.

I watched this last December at my local cinema before it all went pear-shaped:

Singing in the Rain.

Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds (Carrie Fisher's Mum). Beautifully restored colour print. TBH, I found something a bit phoney about Gene Kelly and his teeth. But very little not to like.

The best musical homage to the Movies is Jon and Vangelis, IMO: Jon & Vangelis - The Friends of Mr. Cairo [Official] - YouTube

I believe this is based on "The Maltese Falcon". Bulgey eyed Peter Lorre and fat Sydney Greenstreet.

Jon and Vangelis lyrics : Friends of Mr. Cairo lyrics

One from the Heart, IMO.

Motherless Brooklyn - I guess I like a meandering noirish mess with great performances and soundtrack more than the professional critics.

Is everything that Alex Baldwin does these days an only lightly disguised impersonation of a fictional real estate developer turned “politician”?

This is a difficult Story to relate.

My bestest friend Steve Gillespie died of Lung Cancer.

God knows how many scrapes Steve got me out of. Saved my Life more times than I care to think of.

What he told me on the day before he died is: "Not Everybody is your Enemy, not Everybody is your Friend,"

Wise words from somebody who lived close to the edge. I still miss him. :eek:

Anyway, let's lighten up. :D

Terrific Movie, Fish Tank. FISH TANK - Official Trailer - YouTube

Young girl is disatisfied with life. Tell me about it.

Wow, that brings back one of my fondest memories.

The Train was the last movie my father and I watched together. I was visiting him at the nursing home on a Sunday morning (during that "limbo" time when most stations run public affairs programming) and we just happened to catch it at the beginning when surfing channels. It was the last time I saw him when he was lucid; he died two days later.

I've recently reacquainted myself with the film noir genre. Just finished watching Double Indemnity (Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwyck and Edward G. Robinson). Suddenly is next up on the playlist.

“Bombshell”
Charlize, Nicole, Margot, Kate , John Lithgow, and Malcolm McDowell - that must have made for some interesting off camera chats at the craft services tables.
I quite enjoyed the series “The Loudest Voice”, in which Russell had a lot more screen time to flesh out an almost sympathetic portrayal of the despicable human being into which Roger Ailes devolved, I thought Lithgow delivered an award winning performance.
Is Charlize the new Meryl Streep?