Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

For me movie is when one goes to the cinema. Anybody here still going to the cinema?

Gotta wait a couple weeks before we are allowed back in. :eek:

But I am itching to get back.

"Ford versus Ferrari" was pretty much the last movie I saw before the current horrors:

FORD v FERRARI | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX - YouTube

What's not to like in Engineering and Human terms. Christian Bale gave it the max. So did Matt Damon. But other characters won me over too.

We're seeing a revival of drive-ins here.

They broadcast to your radio, so the sound is better than old times.

They've been doing "drive-in" stand-up comedy in Atlantic City NJ -- broadcasts through the FM radio...upstate NY is also doing drive-in movies with big screen TV's set up outside -- somewhat weather dependent.

Last movie I saw (last night) was an anthology: "My Tour through French Cinema" -- I had to tape it as it was somewhat academic for my wife's tastes.

Mon Dieu! If I leave the Italians to sing Opera, I give the French credit for the best movies:

The French are never judgemental about the horrible mistakes we all make in our lives:

Before Sunset

Looks promising, eh? An American author (Ethan Hawke) meets the French girl of his dreams (Julie Delpy) 9 years later. By the Third film, they get bored with each other. :eek:

Ah well. C'est la Vie. :eek:

I watched Herr Oberst haben eine Macke the other night with a friend; an Italian comedy from the 70s dubbed in German; well, at least just under half of it, before we had to call it quits because it was getting late and we couldn't justify laughing this much at such a late hour; it's not available in English, but I still highly recommend you give it a watch, since most of the gags are the kind of jokes that would also work in a silent movie.
Had trouble breathing in a few scenes from all the laughter.

"The Disaster Artist" starring the Franco brothers, Dave, and James who directed. Fantastic impersonation of Tommy Wiseau by James, he captures him physically and vocally. It was very well done and mostly enjoyable, the only drawback is that you are investing two hours in the life of Wiseau, a person I would have nothing to do with in real life, nor can I imagine why anyone would want to spend any time around him. I've known some unaware of self people in my life, but never anyone with this extreme of a dislocation between what he thinks of himself and what everyone else thinks.

I hope Cinema continues to entertain us and make us laugh and make us cry well into the future.

This film is currently considered controversial:

Gone with the Wind (film) - Wikipedia

TBH, it was probably controversial at the time.

I never much cared for Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable's warring ways. And a sentimental piece of schmaltz if ever I saw one. But I certainly warmed to Olivia De Havilland's Mumsy role. My sister in law was always blubbing by the end of it at Christmas.

Olivia de Havilland, Golden Age of Hollywood star, dies at 104 - BBC News

Olivia has gone at 104. She won two Oscars. TBH, Hedy Lamarr and Ava Gardner were more my kind of Hollywood girls. But I feel sad. :(

Last edited:
I remember seeing Gone With The Wind at the old Fox Theater downtown San Francisco, one of the great of movie houses of yesteryear. Have always loved the movies, as a little kid a coupon from the local butcher shop and 25 cents would get you in for Saturday matinees, 50 cents if you didn't have a coupon. My older brother would be there to make sure I was ok. Back then the San Francisco Symphony would send groups around to the local grade school to introduce us all to classical music. Leonard Burnstein has his Music for Young People program and I thought nothing could be greater than to play piano like an Cliburn. I remember standing on the front lawn and my Uncle pointing out that bright moving star was a satellite called Sputnik. We lived in a mixed race neighborhood and we all got along. No one had much but we all had enough. Showing my age I guess.

Let me edit that for you:

I remember seeing Gone With The Wind at the old Fox Theater downtown San Francisco, one of the great of movie houses of yesteryear.

I have always loved the movies, as a little kid a coupon from the local butcher shop and 25 cents would get you in for Saturday matinees, 50 cents if you didn't have a coupon. My older brother would be there to make sure I was OK.

Back then the San Francisco Symphony would send groups around to the local grade school to introduce us all to classical music. Leonard Bernstein had his Music for "Young People" program and I thought nothing could be greater than to play piano like Van Cliburn.

I remember standing on the front lawn and my Uncle pointing out that bright moving star was a satellite called Sputnik. We lived in a mixed race neighborhood and we all got along. No one had much but we all had enough.

You have a talent, Octavia. I was moved. But any writer needs a good editor. A different skill. Nobody does it on their own.