Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Whats the LAST movie you have watched?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th March 2018, 01:31 AM   #301
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

That too, mate. There’s definitely something to the much longer arc of time with which a good series of any genre has the freedom to work in terms of character development/growth and multi-layered story telling. There’s virtually no limit to the possibilities when the almost worn out Time Travel theme - from as far back as Quantum Leap, to the current Travellers and Timeless.
Old 15th March 2018, 02:01 AM   #302
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

In the past couple months I have watched Valerian and Jupiter Ascending - two somewhat similar ~9 figure budget films that had some fun special effects and some potentially interesting ideas that were mostly ruined by an over-strong love story plot.
Old 15th March 2018, 02:02 PM   #303
TheGimp is offline TheGimp  United States
diyAudio Member

Sherlock Holmes 2009. Good action movie. I thought the sets were very well done, except the last fight scene in which the scaffolding looked artificial for some reason.
Old 20th March 2018, 10:49 PM   #304
VenusFly is offline VenusFly  Australia
diyAudio Member

Just watched the first episode of Dirty Money: Hard NOx on Netflix about the emissions scandal involving German car manufacturers specifically focusing on VW.

Very informative and entertaining and revealing just how long german car companies have been outright lying to us and putting us all in danger of health problems even death.
Old 20th March 2018, 11:35 PM   #305
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. Saw it on the plane flying from LA to Atlanta. Good movie, but LA folks still have a hard time playing rural.
Old 23rd March 2018, 08:38 PM   #306
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

Even against my best instincts, I failed to pass up the opportunity to waste another couple of hours on the most recent - but from cliff-hanger ending not likely last?- episode in the Ridley Scott Alien franchise - i.e Covenant. At least it was just a movie channel not $15 theatre ticket, and I could control the SPL of bombast with my remote.
Is it just me, or do these get more convoluted and non-sensible each time? Cool enough CGI though.
Old 23rd March 2018, 09:00 PM   #307
KaffiMann is offline KaffiMann  Norway
diyAudio Member

CGI can look so incredibly good when they do it right.
Wish the storylines had more focus...
Like the LOTR films, angered me to no end watching the first one. I had to grudgingly accept it was just a completely different story that shared the same name, then it was "halfway ok". It is supposed to be 6 books! Not 3! Why on earth did they ruin the whole thing by cutting most of it out?

Another thing that really ticks me off with modern movies is the insane waving about with the cameras whenever there is a little bit of action. Couple it with the low framerate of movies and it's mostly: angry mugshot-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-evenangriermugshotlayingdownonthegroundwithabitofd irtontheface-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-Suddenlyupagainandpunchingtheotherguyrepeatedly-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe--randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-randomframe-victory! Everyone's happy/kissing and whatnot- cue endscene

But it's probably just me being a grumpy 35 year old fart again.
Old 25th March 2018, 02:31 PM   #308
DaveCan is offline DaveCan  Canada
diyAudio Member

Last movie for me was "What About Bob". Love that movie lol, "baby steps" for everything. Kind of genius for real life imo regarding many things..
Old 25th March 2018, 02:43 PM   #309
prasi is offline prasi  India
diyAudio Member

re-watched Gods Must Be Crazy-2
one of my all time favorites.... Had super duper fun....
Old 26th March 2018, 06:06 PM   #310
andy2 is offline andy2  United States
diyAudio Member

The Truman Show

Whats the LAST movie you have watched?Hide this!Advertise here!