Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

Wanted -secret assassins society and all that silliness . Some great stunt driving and literally over the top action scenes -once you suspend your belief in the basic laws of physics and frailty of human flesh, rather amazing production I thought. Not for the faint hearted

Best 80's scifi B movie ever! Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th dimension

Don't know how I missed this in the 80's but just got it from the library on Bluray and it's awesome!

From 1984, it stars Peter Weller (the original Robocop!), Clancy Brown (the bad guy from Highlander!), Ellen Barkin (from Diner), Jeff Goldblum (Big Chill, Jurassic Park!), Christopher Lloyd (wacky scientist from Back to the Future!), and finally John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun!) as a crazy dictator with a strange Eastern European accent. :eek:

Also Lewis Smith (Wyatt Earp) and Ronald Lacey (the bad guy with circular glasses from Raiders of the Lost Ark). As well, the perfect 'Quirky Asian Scientist' played by Robert Ito (Quincy) who invents the Oscillation Overthruster (sounds like a new and dangerous dildo!) :cool:

Directed and produced by W. D. Richter (adapting Invasion of the Body Snatchers and co-writing Big Trouble in Little China).

For the first half hour of the movie I kept saying "OMG it's x from x!"

Weller thrashing out a guitar solo, Goldblum in a snap lined cowboy suite, Lithgow frothing at the mouth with a peculiar accent and 8th dimension aliens ... what's not to love!

If you're into the 80's, or scifi B movies viewing this is a must! If you're into both, this may be something you add to your collection!

Adventures_of_buckaroo_banzai.jpg

Trailer:
YouTube

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension - Wikipedia

Cheers,
Jeff

Last edited: