Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

Started on that Superman vs Batman thing last night, and gave up in favour of a Big Bang Theory marathon on Comedy Channel. Lorre's closing vanity cards are often more entertaining than the dialog in a lot of scripted shows, and throwing hundreds of millions of dollars on CGI production or glitzy locations guarantees nothing.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I watched Blade Runner (not on VHS) a couple of days ago.

Dude: This will pain you, but I had to throw out a box of around 30 VHS tapes today because
of water damage.

The last film I saw in a cinema was over a year ago, The Force Awakens, where
Princess Leia had the last line: Rey, may the force be with you. :(

So, finally completed the endurance test that is Zack Snyder's take on the two "sons of Marthas" - my biggest take away is that Amy looks like a really fun bath-time partner.

Well enough executed - and closer to the surreal ethos that I can remember from reading the comics back in the 60's - but dark in every sense of the word, and much of the dialog was harder to decipher than the way over the top visuals. Obviously the laws of physics and inertia as might apply to the human or superhuman body simply don't apply in Zack's world.
Remember Sucker Punch, anyone:eek:

So, just 'cause I needed a way to waste another 3hrs, I watched X-men Days Of Future Past last night - even with the dual time-lines and near apocalyptic vision on one of them, it was a birthday gift for an unapologetic comics fanboy.
Fassbender is a chameleon, and the Stewart / McKellen pairing never gets old.

One of these days I'll cultivate a taste for serious cinema, but this stuff is just too much fun - turn off your critical thinking function and buckle up for the ride.

I last watched CASABLANCA (1942) on VHS :)

I love Mr. Bogart like crazy!!

Dennis Hui said:
Dude: This will pain you, but I had to throw out a box of around 30 VHS tapes today because of water damage.
Ah buddy Im so sorry.....

They might have been OK if you had let them dry completly....... 1 time I found a tape @ salvation army that was LEFT OUTSIDE IN A BOX ... Half of it was in water!!

I brought it home and let her dry for days.... She thankfully plays fine :) (Star trek 5 - First release)

My wife and I go to a dinner and the movie theater every new years eve, since tomorrow is actually our anniversary but nothing is open. Tonight we want to see Passengers in 3D. I like a good SciFi movie, but they don't make many good ones any more. I liked this one, she was not happy about the ending, since it wasn't the way she had envisioned it.

So, Bigun - "Rogue One" - placeholder / annual franchise exercise, or seriously entertaining piece of the puzzle for completists?

watched rogue one a few weeks ago.

it is a superproduction with overall great special effects (except from some weird parts)

BUT

story is very linear and acting is not that great. No depth in anything really...

the last part is the best, but overall, i felt like watching a very long final sequence of a B movie on steroids.