Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

BrightPoster.jpeg

Harry - Will's choices have been a bit hit or miss for me lately - how was it?

Interesting enough premise. Go to the big screen theatres these days, and half of the commercials are also seen at home, and more than a few of the trailers are now for Netflix, which is becoming a monolith itself.

A film called ‘Lion’ about a very young Indian boy who gets lost in Calcutta and eventually gets adopted by an Australian couple but returns to find his birth mother in India after 20 years. Based on a true story and rather an emotional one...... very good performances by Dev Patel and Nicole Kidman

Crazy week or so with the two extended weekends, ran out of DVR'd series, etc so trolled through Netflix - last night's guilty pleasure was "Guardians of the Universe II". Frankly I enjoyed it a helluva lot more than "the Last Jedi", and wouldn't mind at least one or two more sequels.

jack - is just because after 40yrs and several real dogs that the thrill is gone with the concept? Not being a cinephile or paid critic, I couldn't find all that much to complain about as a piece of technical work, but it just didn't move me like the first three. OTOH, I did enjoy the hell out of GOTG-II, and even the rather dark turn of Logan

I just watched «the room» (2003)

after landing on a a review and a few «best scenes» and parodies, i decided to try watching this «citizen kane of bad movies» that has become apparently a cult film.

really a fun experiment if you re in the mood. It's supposed to be a soap drama-family-romantic movie

To be honest i haven't watched it all..it just hurted my soul too much... i was «torn apart», to quote a line in the movie (which is a james dean quote originally), in sadness and laughs

the only character that approches a realisitic perforamnce is Mark played by Greg Sistero

here is «highlight»...

YouTube

edit:there is a movie in theaters right now about the making of this movie called «the disaster artist», in case you'd be interested.

Last edited:
very few i know told me it was great, though the press gave it good grades in general.

can someone tell me, without spoiling plot, why that is?

i heard it was a bit childish, but what else....?

does it beat «awakens»? i thought that one had a great start and the core cast was OK, but the more the movie played, the less i was drawn in.

Also «rogue one» had good script, i thought, altought the whole story idea was very depressing and i found the acting very poor in general.