Anybody else have the problem of storing too many parts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am running out of space and containers. This is getting ridiculous.

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    694 KB · Views: 201
jacco, that's all ya got?

besides the stuff IN the lab (32' x 10') I have a semi trailer 35' x 8' plus an office trailer full (25' x 8')... something like 25+ of those parts drawer units, plus nifty wide steel drawers on slides that I dearly wish I had bought more of when I could have... and shelves. Too many shelves. Too darn much stuff...

_-_-

I use small transparent ziplock bags, labelled with a marker pen. Ziplocks that contain related parts go into a larger ziplock (say a bunch of different-valued micro-melf resistors). A bunch of these ziplocks can go into an even larger ziplock, or into a polycarbonate stackable box. Larger-sized parts like electrolytics go into ziplocks and then into cardboard cartons. Stuff that is opened relatively infrequently (speaker drivers, etc.) goes to the bottom of the stack of cardboard cartons, which can be stacked 2 or 3 high. Stuff that is opened more frequently goes to the top of the stack or on shelves.

jeez, do you guys have wives?
i'm constantly battling to keep what little bit I have safe in my basement!

mlloyd1

it's the boys that you should be worried, and even more worries for 3yrs twin boys :eek:
I put my small parts in 10 plastic drawers, but for dangerous stuff like hand drill, cutter knife and etc, always put them on a container with a strong lock.

dont even think to sell what you have now, one day you'll find them usefull. or your son and grandson will do :D

Lately I've been telling myself to quit doing audio projects, and go get a real job, since my money is running low. But I've got about 20 assorted speaker drivers in boxes, some from previous "experiments" and some just because I liked the driver so much, and so now I feel I must design up several speaker systems of some sort, to use these great drivers... or it would be too much waste... There would be no place to put these new speakers. My apartment is already saturated with great speaker systems... It's like an addiction... I can't seem to stop building speakers, and to top it off I'm a bit obsessed with creating the perfect compressor lately, that would have virtually no attack and decay artifacts, and give my guitar real good sustain. That can be a fairly complicated project to get right...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.