A complete idiot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have to assume that he had prior knowledge of the available clearance under the locomotive and rolling stock; still incredibly stupid and a definite candidate for a darwin award.

Living in Brussels as a teen where people don't always look before crossing trolley right of ways I unfortunately saw a few fatalities, classic definition of an inelastic collision and there is very little clearance under the anti-riders or trucks on those cars. (LRVs now, modern Belgian version of the classic PCC then)

Might want to Google Greg Plitt and see what happened to him today. Being (somewhat) famous doesn't prevent people playing with trains from getting killed, rather messily.

This sort of thing has played out fatally multiple times within a mile of my home, by people being where they shouldn't be. I've also witnessed a train derailment while waiting at a crossing, and the aftermath of another at the same crossing that piled freight cars all the way to power lines. I don't stop too near train tracks any more.

I take enough chances playing with electricity.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.