Happy Christmas..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I would just like to wish everyone,

:xmastree:A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year..:xmastree:

Yes I know that Christmas isn't celebrated by everyone..however it isn't in the UK either..however its a time for family and happiness.

A time of peace and good will toward all people..

In the UK Christmas is a relaxing time where some look back and regret all the things they should have done :confused:<<<BUT Its TARDIS time, time stops and the world hangs in the darkness of space ...
Stuff it all and in the end ...the :deer:<<reindeer look nice..:D

Christmas trees are pretty..lights flash and look kinda strange when you have had a couple of beers..

So once again in the words of "Bill and Ted" Be Excellent to each other and Party on dudes.. :)..If for no other reason than because you never know whats around the corner..

And if you can't party just sit for a while and think of the great time others are having...:D:hypno2:..

I asked someone once that were not Christian why they celebrated Christmas and they said why would you miss a chance for a party and be off work the next day so you could drink in excess if you wanted..:D
Besides the kids like it!

Anyway take heed be with the loved ones and get the music up loud..
Once again Happy Christmas or if you prefer..happy family's day or seasons greetings or welcome to the new year party that goes on for a few weeks...

In the words of Dave Allen may your God go with you!

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
I hope I'm not offending anyone if I wish everyone a good Mother Night in advance. We've had festivities around this date since probably before people got organized enough to think about religion. I consider Mother Night to be fairly neutral, as the point is to celebrate the transition to a new year cycle. For me there is no religion involved, it is time together with family and people you care about, eating good food ad infinitum and let the kids stay up as long as they want. That is the greatest present for me, just a moment in time where everyone is enjoying the smells, the drink, the food and company in unison.

The kids are getting presents ofcourse, but I consider it a complete waste on grownups, unless it is something people have made themselves and want to share, or you know for a fact that a person is in need of something.
I know people like to have a drink at Christmas, but for me it is mostly non-alcopholic, except a single small glass of Aqua Vitae at dinner. I do not drink during this celebration, it is a time for family and children. It is entertainment enough for me to see the people around me happy. New years eve I can have a bit more, but not this time, must be accessible in case of work.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Mele Kalikimaka
0d3363ed22b325323acfaf9a61d82bc7---envelope-christmas-girls.jpg

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all in this community, and thanks for your involvement!

I spend more time here than I do with many others that matter to me, so I'd like to say thanks to everyone here that makes this forum such a great place to hang out.

All the best for the festive season, and for the new year ahead!
A.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.