Is single ended worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think the amp has inferior technology, it will sound worse.
If you think the amp has superior technology, it will sound better.
If the amp looks impressive, it will sound better.

You appear to be hell bent on maintaining this thread as subjectivist vs objectivist catfight rather than addressing the salient issues relating to the question at hand.

The statement which I have quoted above sounds like something straight out of the boy scouts guide to audiophool bashing vol1, and has about the same credibility as the 'even my wife who was in the kitchen at the time remarked......' chestnut often attributed to subjectivists. Are you serious or are you yanking people's chains like I was earlier in this thread?

If you are serious please provide proof.

If you are serious, how do you account for the numerous instances where both I and others have preferred the cheap, sorry looking amp (or other audio component) to the shiny impressive looking amp, or the older model which lacked the 'superior' technology of its succesor?

Last edited:
You appear to be hell bent on maintaining this thread as subjectivist vs objectivist catfight rather than addressing the salient issues relating to the question at hand.

The statement which I have quoted above sounds like something straight out of the boy scouts guide to audiophool bashing vol1, and has about the same credibility as the 'even my wife who was in the kitchen at the time remarked......' chestnut often attributed to subjectivists. Are you serious or are you yanking people's chains like I was earlier in this thread?

If you are serious please provide proof.

I had hoped that you quoted my whole post. My claim is that the brain uses everything at its disposal to come to a perception. You quoted only a few examples.
But the evidence for my claim is overwhelming.
For instance the McGurk effect, where visual input changes the way we perceive words.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtsfidRq2tw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-lN8vWm3m0
Do I really have to take your hand and and show you all the research. Your a grown man are you?

If you are serious, how do you account for the numerous instances where both I and others have preferred the cheap, sorry looking amp (or other audio component) to the shiny impressive looking amp, or the older model which lacked the 'superior' technology of its successor?
Maybe something else influenced your perception. It does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.