Robin Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
sad to hear he finally lost the battle with the demons that had possessed him from the beginning

- not always comfortable to watch his live interviews, as with Jonathan Winters the manic energy was barely containable, but what an amazing body of work over the past 40 yrs.

because of how much work it must have been to throttle it down, my favorite performance of his was probably Andrew in Bicentennial Man

Last edited:
Yes a sad loss, but what an actor. Sadly he could not just be acting his own passing and be with us again .

Pschyology and all of its many facets needs to be taught at school and amongst each other. If you know someone with depression study how to assist then reach out and help, or give access to them to someone who can help.

We are all slaves to our brain chemistry.
Unfortunately, some people's brain chemistry will cause them to be depressed more than normal.

Years ago I had a friend who also hung themselves.
It was Christmas eve when he did it and his live in girlfriend found him Christmas morning.
Yes, he sometimes related that he was depressed but don't we all feel like that at times?
Besides, most of the time he seemed happy .
So, no one though anything of it.

The moral of all this is to take someones depression seriously.

My best memory is where it all started, in the show Happy Days; I just happened to be watching the episode - I was not a regular viewer of the show - where Mork first set foot in the world ... and the performance just blew me away totally, I couldn't believe the persona, and verve of the actor - who ... is ... this ... person ?

I've also had depressed friends commit suicide. It's terrible but the reasons they have sometimes looks very trivial to us but to them it's 'everything in the world'. Why can't they see things like others ?......sometimes I think it's meant to be that way. We will never understand it. So sad for us but hopefully they are out of their 'miserable cage' and let free in another world....maybe!

Rest in peace Robin

At the very least he is free of all the nightmares & demons that he talked about so honestly and graphically in his interviews.

When my mother died and I was trying to come to terms with the stark reality of life and death a great friend explained how he felt when his mother died....
He said "Think of your earliest childhood memory, now go back a few years before that...Where were you before you were born, before you were conceived, where was your mind?"

At the very least Robin & all who have lived and died are now in that calm and safe place where there is nothing at all, nothing to be frightened of and therefore no fear.

For all those who believe in a higher form of life after death with a greater awareness and consciousness that is a beautiful and comforting bonus!
RIP Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.