What is the Universe expanding into..

Do you think there was anything before the big bang?

• I don't think there was anything before the Big Bang

Votes: 56 12.5%
  • I think something existed before the Big Bang

Votes: 200 44.7%
  • I don't think the big bang happened

Votes: 54 12.1%
  • I think the universe is part of a mutiverse

Votes: 201 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheer up Galu the comment was written with tongue in cheek, yes I see the first picture is via the window and is excused, but I was commenting on the 2nd one, I have done some photography with a bit of various gears from cheap mobile phone up to Nikon full frame, and with due respect to Stevie I really think the pictures he posts are for some reason quite poor, not only due to the low resolution, the camera doesn't seem to be able to produce very good pictures, but I'm not asking him to do any better.

Look, I'm not having it! :D

949238d1620301888-universe-expanding-led-lightbulb-jpg

A rotten photo, but what you didn't appreciate is I took it against the Sun. Breaking a Golden Rule of Photography, which is always keep the Sun behind you.

Also bear in mind that I am a Asahi Pentax man. Could operate that Camera in the dark. Nikon totally defeat me. Though I can live with Canon Sureshot and Olympus Pen.

TBH, I always wanted a Hasselblad. The camera that went to the Moon.

For the 2nd time, the 2nd picture, and no I don't fully agree with that golden rule, some of the most beautiful nature etc pictures I have taken are with the sun before me/my camera, but I get what you mean.

ok, as you brought up the Asahi, here's a fresh pic of mine, the question is, do you have that cool little thingy on top of the pent roof? :)
Not a necessity to make pictures come through but helpful.

But mine is retired since many years, can't really recall it but I think there's a spring somewhere in the camera that might have called its quits and seems to be a weakness on these, it has been fixed couple of times in the past though.
Was it the film loader spring, that is, if you load it you have to snap a pic so as to not let the spring rest tensioned?

Attachments

• Asahi-Pentax-w-light-meter-2.jpg
    Asahi-Pentax-w-light-meter-2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
"What is the Universe expanding into..!"
According to latest USA made documentation named "OurUniverse" which are shown here on TV - it will drift apart and finally get lost = DEAD..

Yea yea, but it will take some time, time we all here will not see, nor be there to change anything..

So enjoy this life, because you have all including me, only one LIFE..

Live it that it makes sense, get the best out of it what ever this might be.
Thats so a sad thing but there is nothing we can do about..

Due diligence done on tonight's camera:

949353d1620325894-universe-expanding-hp-photosmart-433-front-jpg

Environmental Parameters

Min Operating Temperature
41 °F
Max Operating Temperature
113 °F

A darned lie. This camera works well below 41F in frozen Norway. I have tested it at -15C.

I know you are all gripped by our lighting upgrade in Portsmouth.

Any good?

It's certainly not worse. But still a lot of sideways light pollution, IMO.

Attachments

• New Street Lights with Flash.JPG
    New Street Lights with Flash.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 121
  • New Street Lights wo Flash.JPG
    New Street Lights wo Flash.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 111
oh no, that makes whole lot a difference, where's that facepalm emoticon? :D
:headbash: :D

Yet, incredibly, we try to predict the fate of the universe even though we spend an infinitesimally short time as an infinitesimal part of it.

At least that's something to do before our lives end and we return to stardust! :cheerful:

IMO with that out of the way, we can feel less guilty about wasting time doing stuff we just happen to like for no particular reason. Hobbies and discussions, good food, good drink, good vibes, good music.

949423d1620335031-universe-expanding-street-lights-wo-flash-jpg

That was with flash turned off. It was actually almost pitch dark, so the camera might be good for Astronomy too. It's an entirely new box on top of the post, and seems to throw very little light above the level, going only halfway up the houses.

Outdoor Lighting Basics | International Dark-Sky Association

Quite an improvement on the orange Sodium lamps in the next street, which seem a bit ghostly by comparison. A fair bit of glare from the warm white colour, but a good job, IMO.

949709d1620413732-universe-expanding-sodium-vs-led-jpg

Not a bad installation, but a bit blue-white, IMO. Destroys your night vision.

The pictures were taken at 21.08 (Sunset 20.35) with a clear sky. I suppose there was still a faint twilight, but not much.

Sunset was at 20.32 in Norwich tonight for comparison.

I post 640x480 JPEG to the forums, though the originals are often bigger. Bigger images upset the page layout half the time. And waste our forum's bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.