how many audiophiles does it take to change a lightbulb?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
audiophiles.png

Well, first you have to start a thread and ask all of the necessary questions, such as;
How will the changed light affect my audiophile equipment?
What wavelengths will enhance my audiophile experience?
Should I aim for lower Wattage bulb so that the mains is less stressed?
And many other absolutely necessary "relevant" questions.

Then after 47,000 posts (much like another thread here that is a Seinfeld thread), the thread will be closed after it degenerates into a complete brawl.

So, in the end, the bulb will never be changed because the OP will be in a catatonic state of analysis paralysis.

See, simple. :)

You guys are missing the point. It only takes one person to change it but....

Don't you know that anything in the room "affects" the sound and the "sound" is the only thing audiophiles care about?;)
(Being able to see if the light bulb is on or off or even present is another matter entirely although some audiophiles can tell a dramatic sound difference to their system when they are allowed to look)

So the audiophile would have to go through all the varied types of bulbs, shapes, sizes, light color, filament types, gold vs plain socket plating, etc.

Required reading in various audio magazines and online blogs for months on end where only bulbs in the $2000 range and up are considered.

"My wife from the kitchen,two rooms over,both saw and heard a huge improvement in the light/sound and asked what I had changed" remarks will abound.
Subjective opinions will be the only advice needed. No objective testing allowed, sorry.

Then how tight to screw it into the socket. Too tight and the electrons will be pinched. Too loose and the electrons will flow too freely. Have to purchase the Audiophile Light Bulb Torque Wrench for $150.

Demagnetizing is mandatory of course, $299 for the specialty tool.

Audiophile grade mirrors placed on the side walls, ceiling and floor to help direct the light beams from interfering with the sound waves from the speakers. $75 for each.

Little blue dots to be placed on said mirrors to cut down on the ultra high vibrations of the light beams. A bargain at only $50 per 10.

Tiny metal bowls,$2500, that hang on the walls that have gone through a special quantum light treatment at the factory so they make the light beams sound "oh so spectacular and groovy ya know"*

*quote from the latest Stereophile guru that always hears differences in any tweak.

Then he is all set until the light bulb burns out and he has to go through the whole process all over again.By then the Ultra Light Mark II will have been upgraded to the Ultra Light Mark III for only a small price increase of $500.

"I walked into the Ultra Light room at RMAF and was impressed by the sheer output of the Mark III. I not only saw but felt and heard a lightness that seemed to flow from this single point source that made Diana Krall's voice soar and swoop all around the room.I was dazzled and my shadow had the blackest background than ever before. Recommended!!!"*

*Same Stereophile guru as before.

Don't forget the power cables. They should be double shielded with cryogenic treatments and silver if possible, and the connection should be soldered, and the socket double braced, connected to a reinforced stud to eliminate any possible vibration and anything else that that could affect the brightness of the bulb.

Gents lets please stick to OP and more specifically to the Original question:

The answer is 10 !!!
It will also require a reasonable sized kitchen table where 9 audiophiles are required to hold and turn the table around and 1 ( one ) audiophile to stand on the table and hold the bulb .

That is obviously after all of the audiophiles have agreed to the terms and conditions of A) the fault B) the method of replacement

Seven to change this one.

One reads the instructions and opens the box the new bulb is delivered in.

The second one passes the bulb to the one whom is going to screw it in.

The third one steadies the ladder and checks the safety.

The fourth one climbs up and screws it in.

The fifrth one drives the test car.

The sixth one operates the in car entertainment system.

And finally and most vitally the seventh one listens to the entertainment system and looks at the light to check that the color of the light matches the color of the sound.

DSCF8993.JPG

Last edited:
the solid state guy would say - hmmm, looks old fashioned to me, all those glowing glass bulbs. What we need is a solid state LED source with negative feedback to control the intensity and colour spectrum; we'd use a super powerful LED source dialled back so we had plenty of power on hand if needed and to allow for some bragging rights.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
You all forgot about the room treatments!....we can't have all those photon reflections bouncing around...it will lead to brightness nodes everywhere!

_______________________________________________Rick......

You have to fit a Tibetan bowl over the light so when the light is on the music still sounds better in the dark..

Looking at the lamp..
It takes one audiophile to screw it up and the rest of the room to agree!

Regards
M Gregg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.