Garmin Express software causing windows busy and error above windows start button.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Might be of interest,

After downloading Garmin Express sat navigation software onto a PC, I had spinning curser problems slow PC and a splash message appear above the start button (Globe) on windows 7.

I can only assume it was the software looking for the sat Navigation connected by USB for map update.

In the settings on the software (Automatically launch Garmin express when device is connected) check box. I removed the check box tick and problem was solved.

Regards
M. Gregg

Most unlikely to be of interest here, surely.

Consumer GPS is in the same bucket as MP3 is it not, a total waste of technology? I gather its compressed, inaccurate and imprecise using old map renditions (because they are low cost) with a discrimination of 100's of metres.

I keep my maps in my head, using landmarks and visual cues like street signs. If I am going somewhere new I research before hand.

Younger folk, even rural based like me, cant even make a repeat journey without their electronic toys. Does this mean the art of navigation is being lost?

Might be of interest,

After downloading Garmin Express sat navigation software onto a PC, I had spinning curser problems slow PC and a splash message appear above the start button (Globe) on windows 7.

I can only assume it was the software looking for the sat Navigation connected by USB for map update.

In the settings on the software (Automatically launch Garmin express when device is connected) check box. I removed the check box tick and problem was solved.

Regards
M. Gregg
Yes, you are right. Why it is set as a default ... who knows!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.