Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
This was probably already mentioned, but the one testimonial about the Talisman Magnetic Optimizer is just ignorant marketing at its best: “I have had great success demagnetizing my speakers with your Talisman. Passing that “magic wand” over my speakers has breathed new life into my system. Keep up the admirable work. I only wish I could convince my friends …that your tweaks do, indeed, WORK.” RAM, customer

If a passive device can demagnetize speakers it can surely remagnetize them as well! What are all these driver companies wasting their money on buying expensive magnetizing machines?? If the Talisman is that strong it might be able to throw off the migratory patterns of birds or reverse the magnetic field of the Earth...

I was given a first model, Quantum Resonance Technology box, years ago, by the owner of Signature Audio in Vancouver.
It still sits on vibrapods, atop my Blu-ray player, damping the sometimes audible vibrations when it's playing a presumably difficult to read, or scuffed disc.
I think the blue light is pretty.
For a laugh, I checked Ali Express, and now, if I wanted, I could buy Quantum Scalar Balls.
Somewhere, Bonn Scott is laughing...

That beltpen thing is hilarious (post 10197 and http://www.pwbelectronics.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/PWB-Red-x-Pen.pdf). Interesting career, sitting around inventing humorous ways to connive people into doing stupid things and paying you handsomely to do so. I kept looking for the date April 1 on the articles and publications. All of the "tweaks" are amusing, but that pen thing...it just cracks me up! I bet he was a pretty funny man if you knew him personally.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1490230409727.jpg
    FB_IMG_1490230409727.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 201
Status
Not open for further replies.