Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend has had back problems and surgeries to hopefully cure the root of the problems. He spoke very highly of the Doctor that performed the surgeries until recently. The last surgery left him paralyzed from the waist down along with a loss of about 90% of the strength and mobility in his arms and hands. Now he's have second thoughts of the praise for his doctor.

Stories like that scare me.

Talking about medical procedures I'm having some angioplasty done tomorrow.

It's only going to be local anesthetic and I hopefully won't have to spend the night.
I suspect they will be fitting a stent to normalise the bloodflow to my left leg meaning I can walk again pain free for more than 15 meters at a time which would be good.
Should know by thursday or friday. :)

Yay I'm back!

They didn't fit a stent in the end, they just shoved a balloon in there and stretched the artery.
I guess I'll find out if it worked over the next few days but right now the local is wearing off and it feels very bruised. Like somebody whacked me with a baseball bat a few days prior.

Afterwards they kept me for 4 hrs of observation which basically consisted of a very nice korean nurse looking at my wedding tackle and saying 'Excellent' or 'Very good'.

Which was nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.