Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bladder cancer, first op to see how bad:)
Like the black heart comment though, I may make a t-shirt. I'm at work trying to concentrate which is why I am cruising the internet, cos deep down in my black desiccated heart to be perfectly honest I'm terrified.

Good luck, mate.

I know how you feel.

I was diagnosed with severe angina in December.
No symptoms whatsoever.
Within hours of having a fatal heart attack.
I had the op. in early January but the surgeon gave an air of complete competance so I went in to the op with no trepidation.

Back to work next month.

Andy

Hi everybody and thanks for your kind wishes.
I have had an interesting couple of days, and feel battered and bruised as well as whacked out with my first taste of chemotherapy.
The op went well (due to my asthma etc. I had a spinal anaesthetic so got to stay awake for the whole thing..... Very dignified, legs strapped to some leg stands:)). Couple of tumours one 5cm and some possible dodgy sites, surgeon thinks he got all of it out. Just got to wait 3/4 weeks for histology report so they can determine my course of treatment (my CT scan was clear so it is confined to my bladder only, which is a great relief).
Though tired and battered I feel so good to have got this part over, feel like I can start living again.
Thanks again for your support, my black heart will soon be back making life hard for the subjective amongst us:) though unlike many of them I really don't take the discussions seriously.
Poynton, all the best with your recovery.

:D

A quick question if Bits aint Bits wot are they? Because most areas of digital electronics do consider bits to be bits apart from audio.... I wonder why, why is streaming a few MBits hard for audio when in some sectors they are streaming GBits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway you'll all have peace for a few days, operation tomorrow so the subjective can have a few days off from my bitter twisted unbelieving in magic ranting's.....

I now accept I don't understand a bit about bits.
Recently, I bought an all region bluray player, and put the old player in the audio system to save some wear and tear on a Tascam cd recorder, which is used as a transport, feeding an inexpensive NOS DAC.
Playback sounds better, even on CDs recorded on the Tascam.
A more solidly locked centre fill, and on some recordings, the lead vocals have more ambience, and seem to come from behind the speakers, sometimes further back than I have room space.
Ride cymbals seem condensed, and fade more evenly.
Apparently I should have tried a cheapo bluray player as a transport first.
Maybe it could be rebadged and marketed as a quantum magic slipbit nano nano streaming hyper flux compensator.😀

Marce

I just read what you've been enduring- hope all is well for you.
The best answer is stubbornness-thanks to a tour with a worksafe mining inspector ( my uncle) as a child, I was subjected to at least a few ounces of asbestos "look , Mitch- magic rocks! Grab some chunks of fibre in your hands and rub them together- it disappears!"
Yes, disappears into my body, where asbestosis assaulted me decades later.
Neither me nor the doctors know how it deactivated, but the only difference I notice now from before the illness, is lower energy levels, and mild joint pain almost everywhere.
And I can now get sunburns, which never happened before.
Not a bad trade for more life, I credit being too stubborn to relax, accept it,update my will , and prepare for my last journey, as my former physician recommended.
Good health to you.

Thanks again Gents.
I seem to have developed a new enthusiasm for life, which being a rather cynical realist (my friends bought me a Grumpy T-shirt) is surprising... But woke up to sunshine this morning and felt like running over the hills singing the sound of music... Maybe the medication has not worn off:D:D
I soon tempered this uncommon joyfulness by reading a thread about USB cables on what I thought would be a more common sensed based audiophile site based on computers, where I discovered that silver based USB cables sound brighter than copper.... Oh lordy.
MITsound all the best and I hope it improves. Like you I think have updated my will (well had one done) accepted the fact that I am not immortal and I am determined to enjoy every last second to the max.

Status
Not open for further replies.