Go Back   Home > Forums > >

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Funniest snake oil theories
Funniest snake oil theories
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th November 2021, 10:35 PM   #15141
Gnobuddy is offline Gnobuddy  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim the Oldbie View Post
...your brain - which half the time is playing tricks on you...
Whatcha talking about, Jimmy? I just went outside, stood in a big field, and looked all around, and my brain tells me the earth is flat as a pancake. You gonna tell me that ain't right?

On more than one subjective-audio thread, I've brought up optical illusions as examples of how easily our perceptions can be tricked. I've even provided links to *auditory* illusions (such as this: Can You Trust Your Ears? (Audio Illusions) - YouTube ).

I don't think I ever changed anyone's opinions, though. People seem to believe what they want to believe. "Never let any inconvenient facts get in the way of your beliefs", as a friend of mine used to say.

-Gnobuddy
Old 27th November 2021, 12:38 AM   #15142
Evenharmonics is offline Evenharmonics  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnobuddy View Post
I don't think I ever changed anyone's opinions, though. People seem to believe what they want to believe.
Those (bold texts) are the crux of the matter in discussion. Some people just stop there and form their conclusion. Would be better if they take another step to evaluate those for accuracy.
  Reply to this post

Funniest snake oil theoriesHide this!Advertise here!