Quote of the Day

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I spend my days in business meetings so I would then counter (no pun intended) with:

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" (A. Einstein)

/U.

One of my favorite quotes, but to be clear, it is oft attributed to him, there is some dispute. Evidently, it was on the wall of his office.

I used that quote when I had to give a presentation on why we were not producing "enough" metrics for our work center. It was the entire power point presentation; left up there for about half an hour. All that time I was trying to explain to a room full of MBA's that a control chart for a process in control is just expensive wallpaper and is as useful as used toilet paper. Show me the one chart for the process that is not under control so we can do something about it. When I pass a managers office door covered with in-control wallpaper, I think to my self, there sits a moron.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.