The Weather

I tried a sip a year ago or so and it was fine. But wasn't in the mood at the time. And after all, it's for sentimentality's sake... I mean, I've never really looked but I don't think it's easy to come by here in the US.
Unfortunately, the aging process of liquor will pretty much stop when you put it on a bottle.

Danish aquavit is normally consumed really cold.

Norwegian aquavit is consumed at room temperature. If you want a really good aquavit, try Gilde non plus ultra.

Johan-Kr

I am probably a bit biased, but I prefer almost all my liquor at room temperature. And especially Aquavit.
Most Vodkas, Cognacs, Brandys etc. I've tested seem better at room temp, putting alcohol in the freezer makes no sense to me, unless you want to mix it up to make a really cool drink. But it does depend on the quality of the product, in general, I think cheap, mass produced alcohol is better cold to mask the flavor a bit, and higher quality stuff can really sort of "bloom" at a higher/close to room temperature
But we are all different, whatever floats your boat.

Johan, do you make your own Fenalår?

... The kids demanded to go skiing on the street here, I think the shoes from last winter are too tight, but they could not be stopped. :)

Good luck Cal.

-13c here now. Was almost -18c last night, the missus gets sort of cuddly in the winter, in the summer she tends to push me as far away as possible. Keeping the bedroom cold is a good thing, but a couple days ago she turned off the thermostat in our bedroom without me knowing, because she did not like the clicking sound when the relay triggers, was absolutely freezing in there last night, must have been 5c. Very healthy for our relationship though. If I did something like that I am certain she would be cross, so I sometimes resort to the vents on the windows, they do not exist in her world view...

Good luck Cal.

-13c here now. Was almost -18c last night, the missus gets sort of cuddly in the winter, in the summer she tends to push me as far away as possible. Keeping the bedroom cold is a good thing, but a couple days ago she turned off the thermostat in our bedroom without me knowing, because she did not like the clicking sound when the relay triggers, was absolutely freezing in there last night, must have been 5c. Very healthy for our relationship though. If I did something like that I am certain she would be cross, so I sometimes resort to the vents on the windows, they do not exist in her world view...

:-D

Well, Cal, I’m thinking today will be a different story. I just heard on the radio that gust of over 180kph recorded at Mt Baker this afternoon, and it’s still early. Lots of localized power outages - it rather warm hereabouts.
As an aside, tomorrow night’s solstice could be a bit special for those lucky enough to have clear dark sky - full moon and meteor shower.

No BC Ferry sailings today, and the Coho’s afternoon trip cancelled as well. Ever been on that tub in a storm? I had a minor case of brown bottle flu coming back from Port Angeles a few decades ago when I discovered exactly what yaw, pitch and roll meant - particularly a fun ride with all three at once.

Where else would you find golfers in plus 40km winds? Was cartoonist Sid Barron ever published over there? Some of my favourites of his included “mild, isn’t it” , and there was that ever present striped tabby cat. You might enjoy the timeless hockey reference.

Attachments

• E12654E0-1AFC-415C-939B-BC0E8ACE9C0F.jpg
    E12654E0-1AFC-415C-939B-BC0E8ACE9C0F.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 01FF9BBA-2F5E-4DCE-83DD-60656A831432.png
    01FF9BBA-2F5E-4DCE-83DD-60656A831432.png
    762 KB · Views: 105