The Weather

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Come on down to sunny Australia!:

Attachments

• 255-diyaudio.jpg
    255-diyaudio.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 172
Based on the weather forecasts I had planed some table saw time for today, in fact, most of the day was going to be spent cutting wood for several projects. Unfortunately I must wheel my "job site" table saw out on the driveway and mother nature was NOT cooperative today. I got up to 41 F (5 C) temps and rain. Wind and rain continued off and on all day and the high temp for the day was 48 F (9 C). Maybe Monday.

You are on the other side of the cold front from me George.

Even with that someone flipped the switch. We went from 14F above normal both day and night to 2F below normal in two days. Forecast is same for the next ten days.

The summer heat may be over with, but I think the sudden change means the Blue Ridge Parkway colors will not be very good this year.

I think the sudden change means the Blue Ridge Parkway colors will not be very good this year.

We went from summer to winter almost overnight. Forecast is for cold and rain well into next week. Trees are confused. Some maples are still all green with the neighboring tree mostly yellow and shedding leaves. Overall look from a distance is still predominately green.

It was 92F on Thursday, 88F Friday. Getting back to NJ this afternoon was 52F

Wednesday I mowed my yard. It was hot with zero breeze, typical hot sweaty day.

Thursday several of us met at the church to mow the three acres. It was overcast but hot when we started, but that cold wind from the northwest was starting to blow. The temp had dropped 10 to 15 degrees by the time we finished.

Friday morning it was low 50's and raining when I got up.

Yesterday, 41 and rain. Today, 44 - no rain.....yet. 30's are predicted for later in the week.

It looks like my best bet for a short table saw session might be later this afternoon. I have a birthday party for one of the grandkids this afternoon, after that, maybe.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Very nice over here still....... middle california in the foot-hills of the Sierra-Nevada mountains. Mild temps in the day and cool at night. No rain. But as soon as it gets cold and wet and dark sky's here, i am gone to warmer, sunny climates of Bangkok, Thailand. My refuge. :)

-Richard Marsh