The Weather

It's been warm here for much of last week. So much the Maples may be starting to bud out - the sap has had a flavor change, which often signals the end of the sap run and SPRING! But it's only mid March. Pi day in fact (3.14 pies for dessert). Yesterday and today temps dropped and overnight it will get quite cold with 45mph winds. We could get -11F/-23C to as low as -21-22F/-30C. Sheesh. Make up your mind!

Meanwhile, pies for your enjoyment. Key lime, chocolate cream, apple and approximately 0.14 of peanut butter mousse pie.

Attachments

• IMG_5556.jpg
    IMG_5556.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 123
Northwest Denver person here.
I figure I shoveled about two tons (2000 pounds sort) from the sidewalks.
We got about 18 inches of heavy snow though it was poorly distributed due to winds so one side of the driveway had 24 inches and another part was close to bare.

I have a friend close to Blackhawk, CO that probably had three feet of fluffy snow.
Some people I know in Boulder still have not gotten out due to snow and a lack of plowing/shoveling.

Yes DIA is haunted in various ways. Blucifer out front should have told you that.
Really, that airport has quite a few undocumented surprises.

As far as hauntings go I can say my house may be too.
I bought a house about 1995. A couple years later a friend living in the detached cottage goes to a local bar and learns that they actually had a betting pool on how long we would last. Knowing that explained a lot.

Last edited:
Little whiteout blizzard here today. It was 75F yesterday so it's melting fast on the roads, plus we had maybe 1/2" of rain before the snow started. Hard to tell the total, it's really windy and drifting like crazy, but maybe 6~8".

Looked out the window when I got up, no snow. Went to work, ground barely covered. Go to lunch, pickup buried and roads a mess. Now the roads are mostly clear in the center.

Shorts and green T-shirt today.

Shorts and no shirt today, no shoes or flip flops either. I was outside digging a trench for a buried cable most of the day today. 40 degrees F early this morning, 70 by 2 PM. It's also the first time the house windows have been open this year.

Unfortunately some big rain storms come tomorrow and my trench isn't done yet.