The Weather

White stuff, still falling here. This would save your back

Attachments

• IMG-266932.jpg
    IMG-266932.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 142
xmas/winter without snow :) eek Insects 365 days a year eek :)

Yep, Sherri just killed a cockroach in the laundry room......ducks crapping on your front porch, snakes, and BIG lizards all year round. We spotted 5 iguanas about 3 feet long on our walk to the post office last weekend. There was also a hawk looking for something tasty to kill, usually a baby duck or a slow moving dove.

We were planning to take another trailer load of stuff to the house in West Virginia this weekend, but the weather changed our mind. We were up there over Christmas break and I managed to get the Honda stuck in the mud trying to pull a heavy trailer......I'll pass on the snow covered roads....9 inches on the ground currently. They had 16 days in a row with sub zero temps. I have gone there every winter for the past 20 years, and the coldest I have ever seen is +5.

On the flip side.....I could post another picture of me in the pool, but I will refrain. I did that last year. Post#15

The guy with the BB snowblower needs to build himself a speed governor so he can set the throttle at say...3000 RPM & the governor will advance the throttle according to load. Basic engineering folks. "Process Controls"

_______________________________________________________Rick.........

Last edited:
If I had a couple K$$ ... I like the 833 push pull tube amp. I think someone
constructed one on the forum.
Those 833's are beautiful and WARM !

4... heat the transmitting station (below 2)

BTW -15C and a NEW 12" (30cm? guess) of stupid snow !!! (I hate shoveling).
OS

Attachments

• 833push pull.jpg
    833push pull.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 833transmit.jpg
    833transmit.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Quite an impressive DIY machine.

I wonder if forward-facing is the best orientation for the air intake. And calling it a "walk-behind snowblower" is a bit tongue-in-cheek. Reminds me of some microwave test gear (spectrum analyzers et al) from the 70's and 80's that I wrestled to building rooftops. Even if it weighed in at 70 or 80 pounds, the marketing folks proudly labeled it as "portable" as long as it was equipped with a handle.

Dale