What are you Watching?

Just discovered "Travelers"; I've seen most of season 1 and enjoyed it. I had totally overlooked it when it came out.

Trying to watch the new "True Detective". The plot is so similar to the 1st season that it's a bit funny; I guess they really wanted to be conservative and ensure the series got back on track after the terrible 2nd season.

Had totally missed the British feel-good serial Home Fires about a group of women in a small village in Chestershire at the beginning of WW2.
Maybe a bit ”soapy”, but at least there’re no dragon, chest-enhanced lady warriors and thought-up medieval worlds.

Should say I love this one, though I often get a lump in my throat when watching; gotta stop eating chips and peanuts when enjoying the ladies in Great Paxford.

Hi, my name is Chris, and I’m a Netflix Addict. Just finished binging on Designated Survivor, Season 3, and aside from the overuse of F-bombs that subscription service allows, I quite enjoyed how much - including some very timely social commentary - was packed into only 10 episodes. Not a big Keifer fan, but the rest of the supporting cast was great - particularly liked Kal Penn.

Is Seinfield still a “thing”? Maybe I’m alone in this, but I never found either his stand up, or “that show” even remotely humorous.

I’m finding “The Loudest Voice” riveting and stomach turning at the same time. Never even heard of the name Laurie Luhn before this, but apparently that storyline is not a figment of someone’s fervid imagination - I hope that Annabelle Wallis isn’t permanently scarred by it.

On occasion glimpses of Russel’s persona peak through the prosthetics, but I think this may be the performance of his lifetime.

Last edited:
Anyone else watching the Planets series on NOVA PBS. Seems like a pep rally to generate interest in the Artemis moon project... along with the barrage of Mercury / Gemini / Apollo 50th anniversary specials running seemingly continuously over the last month.. (I was in Houston / Galveston three weeks ago, assumed it was local to that region) until I got back home, where it's on all the PBS stations. Interesting the first couple of times, historically, since I lived thru most of it.

But come on... when the narrator starts sentences with "We believe that possibly Jupiter may have strayed from it's orbit and swept away all the coalescing space debris and that's why Mars is so small... blah blah" then go on to draw conclusions about the future of the solar system using this premise, as if it were proven fact. All with lots of glitzy imagery as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for space exploration and development, helped pay the bills for a few decades of my life, but most of what NOVA and American Experience are presenting is speculative futurism with lots of WoW! and Yikes! and Amazing! incantations by tenured professionals from JPL, Cal Tech, etc. It's even punctured the local news stations here in eastern KY, which is hysterical to watch, as one anchor after another gaffs their way through totally inane folksy interpretations of what is showing up on their teleprompters...

Maybe I'm just getting too old, eh?? :)