For Those Who Believe That They Do Believe In A Fixed Belief System...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Kingd, even the Pope acknowledged a couple decades ago that the Big Bang follows Genesis 1....

First off, Hell is not a place; it’s the absence of all physical things, literally the Void that many bibles speak of during the creation of the Heavens and Earth. As Bam mentioned all good is created by God, so nothing God created would be in hell, it couldn’t or it would break a fundamental law of God.

Logic failure, does not compute.... People end up in hell, people are one of God's creations. And I fail to see how you, a mere mortal, could possibly comprehend "laws of God." :rolleyes:

Hell is very much defined as a place in the bible: " And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. " - Luke 16:23-24

God is present in hell: "Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there." Psalms 139:7-8

IMHO (and I rarely have a humble opinion) the Bible, the Koran, etc are all more liken to "guides to live by" than the concrete, black and white teachings they are today.

And this is hardly the place to be discussing theology, either.....

Mark

SY said:
I've got a lot of Christian friends, many of whom are scientists,

Oh.... my stomach hurts; the "are scientists" part that is.

SY said:
Don't feel bad, NO one claims to know everything about cosmology. The only field of science which is "closed," in the sense that you can actually know all there is to know, is classical thermodynamics.

Always staggers me how far and unfailing classical thermodynamics extends into quantum theory. Somewhere around here I have an old Cibachrome print of an abstract photo I made titled "Contemplation of the Role of Entropy in the Death of Ludwig Boltzmann" If he had only known what was just around the corner.

eStatic (not mad just sad)

I can't understand God but you can....Ppplease!

mbroker said:
Kingd, even the Pope acknowledged a couple decades ago that the Big Bang follows Genesis 1....
Mark

Except for one major difference, The Big Bang was an accident, and creation wasn't. My point is that the accident version is illogical. Far too much purpose in this life for an accident to have caused it all.

mbroker said:
Logic failure, does not compute.... People end up in hell, people are one of God's creations. And I fail to see how you, a mere mortal, could possibly comprehend "laws of God." :rolleyes:
Mark

Why would god make someone in his image that hasn't the ability to understand him? again illogical.

Hell is very much defined as a place in the bible: " And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. " - Luke 16:23-24

God is present in hell: "Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there." Psalms 139:7-8
Mark [/B]

How can a spirit go to a physical place, if you don't have a body how can you burn? Parables and stories in the bible are not always literal, they are illustrations to help you understand the basics and to prepare your mind for far deeper things, don’t get stuck in the shallows and remember God is a logical God. In addition remember that the Bible is a recent addition to mankind and people have known (personally) God and have obeyed and understood God long before there was any kind of Bible. If you really desire the truth it will be reveled to you, but if you prefer to be spoon fed and hang every detail on your perception of some bible that man has corrupted, they you will have shut your eyes to something so much more then any writings can revel. God made us fully capable of comprehending all of his wonders, don’t get to hung up on details in any bible, it’s a trap that will stunt your growth.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.