Who can tell me what these bits are ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What happens if you put them in series with a supply and a variable resistor ? Try it and measure the voltage across each one as you adjust the resistor.

I've never seen them before and the photo doesn't show enough detail to be able to make an educated guess.

My guess is that they may be resistors to adjust a certain parameter for different voltages but I am only guessing.
They might be zener diodes, Test A above will verify that.

In the ones that you can see the internals there is definitely an SMD component of some kind across the pins.

Last edited:
well definitely not diodes I would have detected that - there is about 15 of them and with a strong magnifying glass you don't see any more than the photo - just that there is something between the pins (+ an air bubble above that which made them look like LEDs). must be nicked off some school lab I guess.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.