Peter Bergman, RIP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you're roughly my age (late 50s) and had a rather countercultural adolescence, then you'll know the brilliant Firesign Theatre. Albums like "Waiting for the Electrician," "Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers," and "How can You Be in Two Places at Once" have permanantly warped millions of minds and greatly influenced comedy. Their albums were also amazingly dense audio treats.

Peter Bergman, founding member and unforgettable voice, died yesterday at the age of 72. Thanks for all of the memories.

I'm sure I can't remember them right anymore after a lifetime some phrases take on an evolving life of their own..and I confuse some with Monty Python in my old age...

I'm looking for the same old place.
"Can't get thar from here..."

"Oh, you mean the old "Same" place. It's around back."

Come on in! You can sit in the waiting room or you can wait in the sitting room.

the deadpan talking bllboards ala Ken Nordine inner-head dialogue:
"Hillside condoms...if you lived here you'd be home now..."

The followers of the all-powerful guru and his Ghee at sunrise:
"look...it's coming up..."
"...he's done it again..."

Loved Firesign back then, from an almost 60 year old.

59 and counting....

Lets see, 8 or 10 people gathering around a glass device equipped with multiple hoses and loaded up with mother natures finest at a park ranger shack in the Florida keys. A pitcher of electric orange juice on the table.... Someone brings out a couple of comedy records....Do I remember Firesign Theater? I think it comes right after Alices Restaurant on the road to enlightenment.....

59 and counting....

Lets see, 8 or 10 people gathering around a glass device equipped with multiple hoses and loaded up with mother natures finest at a park ranger shack in the Florida keys. A pitcher of electric orange juice on the table.... Someone brings out a couple of comedy records....Do I remember Firesign Theater? I think it comes right after Alices Restaurant on the road to enlightenment.....

Yep...the view through that windowpane was vivid as Friday night bled into Sunday morning - never did find Saturday!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.