HELP, I'm a LIAR!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear diyaudio members!

I have to confess you, that I am an ordinary damn lying *******!!!

I haven't got a CD-Player with upscaling,
just a MP3-Player from my uncle (a present for my 13th birthday last year).

I also don't have a DAC with Alpha-processing, I've only read about it in the internet.

And I don't have high quality active speakers, just a little battery powered docking station.

But one thing is true, I have a lot of music (more than 50 songs, recorded on my mp3-player).

Nevertheless, I feel totally ashamed!
Please forgive me!!

Go in peace and sin no more....

I'm a hard core vinyl addict. My prefference is pure virgin vinyl through a clean ultra system. When Walkmans came along I listened to TDK SA recorded on Nakamici's and played on my Toshiba KT-AS1 portable with Sony MDR-80 headphones. Then to Minidisk opto-magnetic technology. Now I have two primary MP3 players that permit me to carry 15 albums on a chip. I don't feek guilty, neither do I delude myself as to what sounds best....
Doc

Last edited:
I don't have high quality active speakers, just a little battery powered docking station.
Please forgive me!!

Well then, my son, get thee some parts and get to work! And while getting the soldering iron, get thee also some training first.......or remain in the dark mists of ignorance and plasticity of sonics.........you must choose....

Cheers
Terry

Dear diyaudio members!
I have to confess you,...
Please forgive me!!

In real world communication, some "attributes" help us in choosing the way we react against people that we don't know of (or just met for the first time). One important "attribute" is the age.

On my age, I don't care whether someone is lying by telling me that he owns a Denon or a Soulution (It doesn't affect my life in any way).

So, I think it may be a good idea to have an attribute (such as the age) labelled next to the user's avatar to help assist in online forum communication.

For the technically oriented users, labels such as "Expert", "Audiofool" etc can be given based on members vote/pooling :D

I dont understand, what is the lie? And why are you ashamed? You have it the right way around, its the music thats important, not the gear. The real audiophile are trying to get closer to the music, the others, closer to there gear.

I've never cared for the music as much as the gear. Sure its about sound quality, but for me its the gear that I love. Since I was 10 I would go into shops and look at all the beautiful equipment, it didn't matter if it was playing music, I was happy to look at the pretty hi-fi machines and lust over the different designs.
If I want to listen to music I play flac via the TV hifi, if I want to listen to my stereo I select songs that sound good not what I want to hear, its about the stereo not the music.

... "I never did care for music much, it's the high fidelity!" - this was someone's signature on here for a while.

Its an interesting outlook, one that I suppose we all follow to some extent or other - I suspect very few of us play "rubbish" through our systems: we're all chasing what sounds good.

To the OP, do you play any musical instruments? I've found money is better spent there, as (IMHO) you can enjoy yourself much more making music than listening to it. For example, I recently (without even trying it) bought a 2nd hand bass head for £150. I bought it because the brand has a reputation for being reliable, it has a graphic eq and ~300w on tap.

I don't think I could do the same for hifi without some serious reading up first.

Chris

Dear diyaudio members!

I have to confess you, that I am an ordinary damn lying *******!!!

I haven't got a CD-Player with upscaling,
just a MP3-Player from my uncle (a present for my 13th birthday last year).

I also don't have a DAC with Alpha-processing, I've only read about it in the internet.

And I don't have high quality active speakers, just a little battery powered docking station.

But one thing is true, I have a lot of music (more than 50 songs, recorded on my mp3-player).

Please forgive me!!

"Argument from ignorance may be used as a rationalization by a person who realizes that he has no reason for holding the belief that he does."

Just because you don't have the equipment, it doesn't mean that you can not find and get any. Therefore, you are not a liar.

Super Car

I've never cared for the music as much as the gear. Sure its about sound quality, but for me its the gear that I love. Since I was 10 I would go into shops and look at all the beautiful equipment, it didn't matter if it was playing music, I was happy to look at the pretty hi-fi machines and lust over the different designs.

Maserati MC12 corsa with capristo exhaust:) Maserati MC12 corsa with capristo exhaust. - YouTube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.